Starfleet Veteran
# 41
08-09-2012, 09:52 PM
This effect may be justified.

Where I work people walk by a sign that says, "Cafe" to enter the building. They then walk by an open double glass door with people standing at a bar ordering food, sitting at tables eating and with the clank of silverware while passing under a sign that says, "Cafe."
They then pass a large window with a chef behind it making baked goods.
They proceed another 50 feet before approaching me at my desk and asking, "Where is the Cafe?"

I am under the impression that when they see someone at my desk they just turn their brains off knowing I will handle the thinking for them, they only need to ask.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 42
08-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
This effect may be justified.

Where I work people walk by a sign that says, "Cafe" to enter the building. They then walk by an open double glass door with people standing at a bar ordering food, sitting at tables eating and with the clank of silverware while passing under a sign that says, "Cafe."
They then pass a large window with a chef behind it making baked goods.
They proceed another 50 feet before approaching me at my desk and asking, "Where is the Cafe?"

I am under the impression that when they see someone at my desk they just turn their brains off knowing I will handle the thinking for them, they only need to ask.
We know.
Career Officer
We have a horizontal line moving vertically upwards through a console, some of them have a gear wheel symbol. Now if all that isn't enough to attract attention to the available consoles they all have glowing spikes of stuff coming from them, it looks freaking terrible, who the hell thought this up? Remove it please, everyone in the fleet commented on how stupid it looks and how unnecessary they are. What's next, the console jumping up and down doing a dance and shouting out "Over here, I'm the freaking console you need"?

Face Palm and double Face Palm

Last edited by mattjohnsonva; 08-10-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Captain
# 44
08-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Yeah the spikes are annoying I much preferred the cog wheel but don;t expect anything to be done about it after all what the PWE overlords say Cryptic does
Commander
# 45
08-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
We have a horizontal line moving vertically upwards through a console, some of them have a gear wheel symbol. Now if all that isn't enough to attract attention to the available consoles they all have glowing spikes of stuff coming from them, it looks freaking terrible, who the hell thought this up? Remove it please, everyone in the fleet commented on how stupid it looks and how unnecessary they are. What's next, the console jumping up and down doing a dance and shouting out "Over here, I'm the freaking console you need"?

Second that. Looks AWFUL.
Career Officer
# 46
08-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Agreed. It almost seems as though they thought this was a fantasy MMO where this would fit in perfectly.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Lieutenant
# 47
08-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post

Looks totally naff, its not like its hard to find interactive consoles!
Career Officer
# 48
08-10-2012, 06:19 AM
They listen to our feedback... and do the exact oppersite of what we say we like.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 49
08-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Agreed. At least the old method looked "tech". The new one just looks like the console is on fire. It really takes away from the atmosphere of the game.
Commander
# 50
08-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Couldn't agree more. Saw my patcher working today, thought "Hey, maybe they realized they made a mistake and fixed it!", and ran into my ready room as soon as it loaded.

Nope, my table and closet are -still- on fire, and no one from Engineering has put it out yet!

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? And who didn't think making the interact flash an option toggle would have been a better one? I get really miffed every time I look at my crew and see they all have cellphone attention icons bouncing over their heads, but having things flash like they are irradiated and now spew never-ending flames is really pushing me to avoid my ship interior! Makes me think I'm in a tv advertisement.

Wait, am I??

Last edited by danqueller; 08-10-2012 at 06:37 AM.