Lieutenant
# 61
08-10-2012, 09:10 AM
I also think they would be better if toned down. So they do not look like there is a plasma fire or something going on in there. Perhaps they are the new Tribble BBQ units?

Still, it's nice that they are looking to make the consoles that are supposed to be more then show stand out, and yes the KDF ones are a royal pain.
Commander
# 62
08-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I actually like the new glow; I can see it from further away. The old one was so subtle that sometimes I'd miss it, despite being close enough to see it. (Obviously this is more during missions than on, say, spacedock.)

I wouldn't mind if they made it optional, but I really don't want it removed entirely.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-10-2012, 09:14 AM
The next pach NPC's will have them to.

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-10-2012, 09:28 AM
I think it looks nicer than the old one with that little gui icon jutting out the consoles and things.
Commander
# 65
08-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
Horrible, just horrible

No one ever cuts the Operations division any slack.

Fix the replicators, Chief. My console's on fire, Chief. I should've transferred to a cargo drone. No people, no complaints.

* Watches the Commendation Recommendation he had finished typing up for the Chief as it incinerates on his desk *

There are some things I need my desk for. Why can't Ops understand Admirals have their own troubles too? Is it too much to ask for a Ready Room that you can sit in without wondering if you aren't being exposed to a new form of radiation that will consume the ship and turn everyone into tribbles?

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get back to the reports the Fleet Admiralty is pleased to require me to submit before dinner, and which certain thermally-enhanced pieces of equipment in my Ready Room seem determined to keep me from completing.

* Stares dejectedly at his smoking comms terminal as the Borg Nullifier Torpedo plans given to them by 'Q' goes up in smoke as well. *

Last edited by danqueller; 08-10-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Captain
# 66
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I say keep the yellow horizontal lines and the subtle glow. even the Gear Icon, was ok. but this makes me want to grab a fire extinguisher. It needs to go.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 and S9 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Career Officer
# 67
08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
I would have loved to have sit in on the meeting where they decided to put glowing spikes all over the interactive (and some non-interactive) consoles.
Commander
# 68
08-10-2012, 10:32 AM
It's tragic, it should be change to previous version. First time I run away from console because it looked like it was going to explode.

What will we have next for all those blind player who can't see simple console? Jumping tribble showing them way?
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Lt. Commander
# 69
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Ok here is my problem. I use rocks and bottles as markers in the Foundry missions (Kirkfat Tutorial) placed just below consoles or floors. Now in some cases I can't see the halos and in other cases they look like a fire effect. It depends a lot on where I placed my marker object.

Also I have noticed that a certain distance is required to activate, in my KDF mission I cannot get too close or too far away. It is like I have to be in an EXACT spot to activate the object.

They can use anything they want as long as it shows people where to go and does not look like a special FX.
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Career Officer
# 70
08-10-2012, 11:10 AM
"What the heck were they thinking?!?"

Is the only thing I heard in Vent yesterday.

Seriously, what the heck possessed the team to update the console glow?

Yes, when I have a mission or need something (like I have new mail or something), then sure, highlight THAT SINGLE CONSOLE OR OBJECT... but what the **** is this???

Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 4-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.