Lieutenant
# 71
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
As a compromise to what they have done, I would have the sparkly lines effect on either :

1: A console that I have not been to or ever interacted with, and then once used for the first time, revert back to the standard cog icon with the shimmer light effect on the entire console.

or

2: If there is something new, like for example in your fleet star base, all though out day one of the new item being in existence, it does the sparkly line effect (as to draw the eye to it as a new item in the area).. and then from day 2 onward, it's now a usual cog icon again...

or

3: have a setting that allows you to PICK an interaction animation or indeed turn it off all together (as suggested previously in this forum)

You cannot immerse yourself into a startrek environment where something that would not exist in the show / movies ( IE, flames coming out of a console ) is put here, and expect people to accept it.

I am in agreement with everyone here.

Last edited by phase325; 08-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Ok devs (where ever you are) here is my suggestion just place a hover icon like you do over the contacts. Then make an option for people who don't want it to turn it off in the GUI interface.

Off site screen shot link of my suggestion.
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Career Officer
# 73
08-10-2012, 12:42 PM
The DEVs are in LV at the moment are they not? I wonder if they were a little inebriated when they thought this idea up, maybe all the sparkly lights of Vegas has fired their logic circuits lol. Please for the love of Q revert this abomination.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 74
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Sorry , hyperbole much ?

"Revert this ABOMINATION !'

c'mon people, it's a silly graphic in a silly game.
And it honestly doesn't look that bad.

Abomination ?
Seriously ?

/firstworldproblems
Career Officer
# 75
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Sorry , hyperbole much ?

"Revert this ABOMINATION !'

c'mon people, it's a silly graphic in a silly game.
And it honestly doesn't look that bad.

Abomination ?
Seriously ?

/firstworldproblems
Look here you hippie dude, I'll call it what I like LOL

It's horrible, get rid of it!!!!

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 76
08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
This effect may be justified.

Where I work people walk by a sign that says, "Cafe" to enter the building. They then walk by an open double glass door with people standing at a bar ordering food, sitting at tables eating and with the clank of silverware while passing under a sign that says, "Cafe."
They then pass a large window with a chef behind it making baked goods.
They proceed another 50 feet before approaching me at my desk and asking, "Where is the Cafe?"

I am under the impression that when they see someone at my desk they just turn their brains off knowing I will handle the thinking for them, they only need to ask.
<Le sigh>

I have seen far to many sequences similar to the above, I don't even know where to begin...

Alas it still looks very stupid. It looks as if everyone has done a massive technological overhaul in order to use fairy dust and Unicorn tears as a power source.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 77
08-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post
Nope, my table and closet are -still- on fire, and no one from Engineering has put it out yet!
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...imoon/FIRE.png
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...moon/FIRE2.png

I'm trying to put it out myself but it isn't working

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
Lt. Commander
# 78
08-10-2012, 02:00 PM
So anyone for or against my suggestion of a hovering icon?

-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Lt. Commander
# 79
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandukutupu View Post
So anyone for or against my suggestion of a hovering icon?

If you can turn it off/on then yes.
But I prefer the previous system.

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
Starfleet Veteran
# 80
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
This effect may be justified.

Where I work people walk by a sign that says, "Cafe" to enter the building. They then walk by an open double glass door with people standing at a bar ordering food, sitting at tables eating and with the clank of silverware while passing under a sign that says, "Cafe."
They then pass a large window with a chef behind it making baked goods.
They proceed another 50 feet before approaching me at my desk and asking, "Where is the Cafe?"

I am under the impression that when they see someone at my desk they just turn their brains off knowing I will handle the thinking for them, they only need to ask.
Where's Sulu?

EDIT: in all seriousness, while I think the new effect is slightly less obtrusive than the Giant Floating Gears, I still would like an option to turn off the extra effects besides the regular "gold scan" glow. And it doesn't look so much like "fire" to me as much as a transporter effect that never shuts off.

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 08-10-2012 at 02:21 PM.