Captain
# 11
08-10-2012, 06:09 AM
I got y'all beat: Starter the patch last night, 2 hours later saw 540MB downloaded and only 60% completion. Reluctantly I aborted and exited. On restart it again began to download and at 100MB aborted again, and decided to try to force verify where it hung, and after 10 minutes or so walked away and went to bed.

This morning I wake up to a patched game and click 'engage' where I get a 'version mismatch' error, so I exit once again. on restart it again downloads 34MB and gives me the 'engage' button, so I force verify once again and after 10 minutes or so I get the 'engage button' and decide to click it. The game finally loads.

SO, after 10 hours and about 700MB downloaded I'm finally patched and playing, and quickly do my academy dilith quiz and exit to go to work. Am so glad everything else in game works as smoothly as the patch process, this is about the third time in the last couple months the patching has done this.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 12
08-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Reinstall finally completed.

Only to get the black screen and directx errors.

Lovely

edit: And we're verifying. AGAIN!
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 13
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
And we're back to patching again,

After about 50 minutes

Quote:
Patched 102MB /5726 MB
Received 58.7MB - 1%
Lovely

This is on the shared OC3.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 14
08-10-2012, 11:56 AM
WOW- brutal. 58 mb in 50 minutes, you on dial-up ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Rihannsu
# 15
08-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Hey my first needlessly moved thread!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Captain
# 16
08-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
Hey my first needlessly moved thread!
Good, that means someone reasonably important saw it.

Now fix the patch system Cryptic, before I send my Jem'Hadar for a "diplomatic visit"
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Ensign
# 17
08-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post

IMO this game is not worth 10GB a week
I've never downloaded a 10 GB patch for this game. Right now (latest patch here on my Laptop) is about 110 MB, while it's patching 509 MB.

People need to realize, that the patch maybe 500 MB, but you're not downloading 500 MB. You're downloading far less then the launcher is patching (due to compression, etc.).

But going back ontopic now:
Here on my Laptop I have the problem, that the patching itsels is slow like f***. The download-rate isn't the problem, the patching itself is. The game needs several minutes to patch a couple of MB. Dunno why, I even did not have the problem on my desktop machine.