Career Officer
so! we had some new stuff introduced to the game, with a small victory. transphasic mines will not reduce shield heals!

Mines in general got the massive the buffs! chrono has 80% proc chance i think for each mine!

YAY!

plasmonic leach was supposed to be fixed, but word on the street is it's been rebrokent to drain 24 power. so that needs to be fixed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
It should scale from 4-16 depending on Flow Capacitors vs. Power Insulator interaction, with 8 being a baseline of No Resists + No Skills. Anyone mind verifying this first-hand, instead of working off rumor?

Today's Patch Notes contains most of what's been patched over the past 1-2 weeks. Not a lot that could be considered PvP-centric, but changes that will effect this group nonetheless.

Other than the patch, I'm afraid it's been a slow week for PvP. Here's a short list of recent changes that haven't gone live yet:

* Draw Fire (ground) is far more resilient to incoming fire now, allowing it to be more useful as a Dmg Res buff in PvP.

* Flight Deck Duty Officer Active Roster Powers: These buffs had a data error that was causing them to quickly flicker between an active and inactive state. This was repaired. If you have these doffs slotted, you will now see more reliable performance from their effects.

* Photonic Shockwave III was benefiting from skill bonuses twice. The extraneous data was removed.

* Crew Damage caused by Torpedoes was unresistable. Fixed that.

* Hazard Emitters will now properly cleanse the TARGET of debuffs, instead of always hitting the caster with this portion of the power. If the target is self, it works on self.

We've been discussing how to deal with the FAW+ACC issue internally. To the best of our collective knowledge, getting this to work as you all expect it to work would require some sort of complete rebuild of the power from foundations to shingles, with minimal effect. And even then, we're not certain how we'd do it in a way that kept current functionality intact while adding weapon mods.

TL;DR - We may be getting to a point where we have to resign ourselves to the fact that Fire At Will is just not an accurate power. But we haven't given up just yet.

ummm ALSO theres a new bug that for some reason causes ships to completely disapear....

anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
FAW and HE still have their bugs.

I really wonder how one can be so utterly incapable of testing one's "bugfixes" before rolling them out.
ALSO! you can now buy more account wide bank slots!
important right there!

-Mai Kai the Science Guy-

Last edited by matteo716maikai; 08-09-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the update pvp has bean moving leaps and bounds. Can't wait for the next pvp update
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2012, 11:43 AM
FAW and HE still have their bugs.

I really wonder how one can be so utterly incapable of testing one's "bugfixes" before rolling them out.
Captain
# 4
08-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Can't wait to see whats happening next time!!!
Career Officer
# 5
08-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Should you expect any less from cryptic at this point.........

matteo you should know better lol everytime there is a patch there is nothing more to expect but lulz at this point

long live PVE bwahahahaha
Galron Says PEW PEW!!!!!!!!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
08-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
plasmonic leach was supposed to be fixed, but word on the street is it's been rebrokent to drain 24 power. so that needs to be fixed again.
It should scale from 4-16 depending on Flow Capacitors vs. Power Insulator interaction, with 8 being a baseline of No Resists + No Skills. Anyone mind verifying this first-hand, instead of working off rumor?

Today's Patch Notes contains most of what's been patched over the past 1-2 weeks. Not a lot that could be considered PvP-centric, but changes that will effect this group nonetheless.

Other than the patch, I'm afraid it's been a slow week for PvP. Here's a short list of recent changes that haven't gone live yet:

* Draw Fire (ground) is far more resilient to incoming fire now, allowing it to be more useful as a Dmg Res buff in PvP.

* Flight Deck Duty Officer Active Roster Powers: These buffs had a data error that was causing them to quickly flicker between an active and inactive state. This was repaired. If you have these doffs slotted, you will now see more reliable performance from their effects.

* Photonic Shockwave III was benefiting from skill bonuses twice. The extraneous data was removed.

* Crew Damage caused by Torpedoes was unresistable. Fixed that.

* Hazard Emitters will now properly cleanse the TARGET of debuffs, instead of always hitting the caster with this portion of the power. If the target is self, it works on self.

We've been discussing how to deal with the FAW+ACC issue internally. To the best of our collective knowledge, getting this to work as you all expect it to work would require some sort of complete rebuild of the power from foundations to shingles, with minimal effect. And even then, we're not certain how we'd do it in a way that kept current functionality intact while adding weapon mods.

TL;DR - We may be getting to a point where we have to resign ourselves to the fact that Fire At Will is just not an accurate power. But we haven't given up just yet.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

Why is it that you can get CSV and Spread to work correctly and yet FAW is impossible?

And the easy solution: If you cannot get [Acc] modifiers to work, simply give FAW a higher base accuracy (say equivalent to [Acc]x2) to prevent it from being useles as a spam clearing tool with its current 60-70% accuracy in a pvp environment.
Career Officer
# 8
08-09-2012, 12:22 PM
All I can say to Bortacus responce is lulz.........

you have been given proof of everything in every fashion from youtube videos to screen shots and other tools most pvpers use to get the point across........

If you cant trust what the players are saying and by players i mean players who actively seek to understand the mechanics of the game to get the best gaming experiance possible, then whas the point in asking for the proof developers have been ignoring in the past.......

MOARRRRR DRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Galron Says PEW PEW!!!!!!!!
Captain
# 9
08-09-2012, 12:38 PM
The inquisition has cast the vote - pay peanuts, get Crytic. Fix 1 thing, break 3.

Seriously, as Hilbert put it, do you test the things you release at all or is that not in your process / protocol?
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 10
08-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey Borticus, I'm actually located not far from your offices, I could come over and demonstrate as well as discuss the solutions the issues regarding balance in STO PVP if you'd like. PM me if interested.

Aytanhi of TSI, TSI fleet founder and leader OrganizedPVP channel Admin
Feel free to ask me about PVP or starship strategies. "No, I am not Borg!"
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match