Career Officer
# 21
08-09-2012, 11:41 PM
As a guess- and this is just speculation- I bet the Lobi store items are selling pretty poorly this time around, and that's why we're getting what amounts to an ad for them.

Think about it: people with 800 Lobi are probably buying the carrier, but the number of people who reach that amount is very low. Likewise, the number of people with all three Tholian pieces to upgrade is low. The robe doesn't show any skin on female characters, so no one wants it. And no one wants to spend a scarce currency on batteries or other consumables.

That leaves the sword and the pets. I've seen a fair number of people running around with the swords. Can't quantify the pets.

-End Speculation-
Commander
# 22
08-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
As a guess- and this is just speculation- I bet the Lobi store items are selling pretty poorly this time around, and that's why we're getting what amounts to an ad for them.

Think about it: people with 800 Lobi are probably buying the carrier, but the number of people who reach that amount is very low. Likewise, the number of people with all three Tholian pieces to upgrade is low. The robe doesn't show any skin on female characters, so no one wants it. And no one wants to spend a scarce currency on batteries or other consumables.

That leaves the sword and the pets. I've seen a fair number of people running around with the swords. Can't quantify the pets.

-End Speculation-
I'd open these Lockboxes if the Ferengi items were still there. At a minimum 4 Lobi per box, the Ferengi items are actually obtainable if they keep their original price.

Don't take stuff out of the Lobi store and perhaps more people will open Lockboxes and spend those Lobi.
Commander
# 23
08-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
They'll be released tomorrow afternoon

Also, this was posted because I thought it would be nice for everyone to be able to see the actual images of the items/ descriptions of items that can't really be shown.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Don't let the lockbox haters get you down. It was a really good post. I had to hunt all this info down myself when the box was released.

I try to buy the lockbox stuff off the exchange so I usually do ok at hunting it all down but this would be nice to have with future lockbox releases.
Republic Veteran
# 24
08-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Considering the frequency of Tholian Ship announcements, I would say these lockboxes were doing just fine before the post, but I guess haters gotta hate.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I guess so, I just got an e-mail promoting the Tholian Lockbox. I don't think I got one for any of the others...
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
Considering the frequency of Tholian Ship announcements, I would say these lockboxes were doing just fine before the post, but I guess haters gotta hate.
I suspect many announcements are cryptic *cough* "testing that they still work"... at least this is the only reasonable conclusion I can find from my personal statistics.

I purchased over 80 keys and didn't get a tholian ship, nor enough lobi to buy one from the store. If these are "so much better" then previous boxes, then I feel so sorry for those that wasted time and money on the old ones.

At those odds and prices, never again. Very disappointed.

-1 key customer.

One day cryptic will realise that schemes like this will turn and bite you in the ___. They may look good in the short term, but each customer hits a limit and will never buy again. Each customer wonders what's the catch with every other move you make in the future...

Long term player happiness > short term profits.
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 08-11-2012 at 07:40 AM.