Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 18
# 1 New Tric Mine aka iWin button
08-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Hi.


[8:22] [Combat (Self)] Leethia's officer Tricobalt Mine deals 79981 (79317) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[8:22] [Combat (Self)] Leethia's officer Tricobalt Mine deals 108789 (95000) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.




I was fully shielded with a few shield buffs (TSS + Tact team at least).

Go ahead and tell me I have no skills, and I dont know how to PvP, but how am I supposed to counter 150k of instant damage... puhlease.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Real Join Date: Oct. 2009


Last edited by greenlightracer; 08-25-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 608
# 2
08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Hi.


[8:22] [Combat (Self)] Leethia's officer Tricobalt Mine deals 79981 (79317) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[8:22] [Combat (Self)] Leethia's officer Tricobalt Mine deals 108789 (95000) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.




I was fully shielded with a few shield buffs (TSS + Tact team at least).

Go ahead and tell me I have no skills, and I dont know how to PvP, but how am I supposed to counter 150k of instant damage... puhlease.
What ship? What kind of consoles are you using?

What kind of consoles are they using?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,675
# 3
08-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Holy crap.

Reminds me of tric mines in ESD.

I hope nothing broke in this recent update.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 18
# 4
08-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
What ship? What kind of consoles are you using?

What kind of consoles are they using?
Vorcha Retrofit. MKX11 KHG Shields. Two Field Generators. They were in a Patrol escort.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Real Join Date: Oct. 2009

Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 608
# 5
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Vorcha Retrofit. MKX11 KHG Shields. Two Field Generators. They were in a Patrol escort.
Do you know if they were using any kind of mine damage improvement console~ IE: Did they have really weak other weapons?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 797
# 6
08-09-2012, 05:47 PM
ive heard reports that mines in general seem to be more powerful then torps now.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 7
08-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Anecdotally I had someone doing horrendous hull damage earlier with either transphasic mines or plasma mines... I run a very defense-light setup but I am specced into kinetic resists, yet these things were chunking off hull like it was no tomorrow.

It's still just an anecdote since who knows what he was actually running (it was a LSRV with just pure mines for its weap loadout) but Jesus!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 18
# 8
08-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I dont know if they had any mine damage consoles. But I forgot to mention my EPS Transfer was up too, which means my shield power was around 100.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Real Join Date: Oct. 2009

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 757
# 9
08-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Were they possible stacking -DmgRes on you? Sensor Scan(s) + Disruptors (no Attack Patterns, since you had TT running)?

If not, that's... yikes. Let's just hope that's a freak anomaly.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 471
# 10
08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I do not think it is a bug or anomaly.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM.