Lt. Commander
# 1 The New Link mission
02-20-2010, 02:43 AM
***SPOILER***

Hi, I have gotten stuck in the mission titled "The New Link"

I have done the battle portion of it, everyone died (whoopie), and then the U.S.S. Indianapolis blew up. I figured there would be pods to rescue amidst the true way ships to destroy, but after defeating all the true way ships, I have flown around both planets and a little ways off into space and found ZERO pods... what am I missing (besides my mind, rationality and ability to think for myself obviously)??
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 04:53 PM
im stuck as well got down to the planet and did all the fighting and once it said to go talk to the changeling i found it but cant talk to it whats did i do wrong??????????????
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolbod View Post
***SPOILER***

Hi, I have gotten stuck in the mission titled "The New Link"

I have done the battle portion of it, everyone died (whoopie), and then the U.S.S. Indianapolis blew up. I figured there would be pods to rescue amidst the true way ships to destroy, but after defeating all the true way ships, I have flown around both planets and a little ways off into space and found ZERO pods... what am I missing (besides my mind, rationality and ability to think for myself obviously)??
The pods are rather small and easy to miss. IIRC they'll be in the general area where the Indianapolis blew up. For me, it was kind of tucked into the broken planets debris field. I kinda stumbled into them. Not sure if they're always there, give it another look. Otherwise, not sure what else to try other than drop it and redo it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_V
im stuck as well got down to the planet and did all the fighting and once it said to go talk to the changeling i found it but cant talk to it whats did i do wrong??????????????
Yours sounds bugged. When you get to the pool, you kill three or four more soldiers worshipping by the pools edge, then, IIRC you talk to a changeling in the pool who will tell you Lass is not a part of their link and hands him over to you to face justice. If The changeling isn't talking to you, then best bug report it. Unfortunately, aside from dropping the mission and redoing it, there's not always alot you can do.

In OB I hated having to redo a bugged mission from the beginning again. I tried beaming back up to the ship and then jumping back into the mission, but it would always just drop me at the same spot where I was bugged. I hear there's a timer. If you log out for 15-20 minutes and come back, you can restart the portion that bugged. Being the impatient type, I also found you can beam up to the ship and go to an adjacent system. Enter it and then leave again right away. no need to stay, just have whatever mission it offers pop up it's dialog on your screen, then dismiss it and leave. when you go back to your mission, you should be able to continue from the start of the ground portion.

Still sucks having to start the ground portion over again, but that's the last part and it beats doing the whole damn thing all over again. It worked in OB, give it a shot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_V View Post
The exact same thing happened to me, it seems that being too close to him (the changeling) can enter you into combat mode and thus you are unable to initiate conversation, running back up the path exited combat mode and enabled me to talk to him. Little odd conducting a conversation several hundred yards from the NPC but it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
i just did this mission and it bugged on me too, after killing the 4 worshipers, DO NOT move past the beach into the liquid, STOP where the middle worshiper was at the edge, if you go any further you'll go into 'red alert' from the changeling and you cant talk to him, making you have to run up the pathway to get the "changeling" option show up in the bottom right, where options like "take items", "ops" "leave system" etc, usually show up. then the changeling "LASS" WONT spawn at all, and you'll have to beam back up to your ship, then back down again..

.. if you do have to beam up and down again, you'll be back at the spawning pools, having to just kill the patrol of three guys on the path, then the 4 worshippers again, then you can stop on the beach, talk to the changling, and LASS should spawn right in front of you... *spoiler in black text* highlight next 2 lines to see about combat with lass.
lass is easy to kill with a few normal shots and one exploit of 1000+ dmg, and doesn't do much damage at all... bit of a let down actually for a BOSS battle.

the escape ships are near the planet in 4 groups of 4, just fly within 2k of them and beam up the crewmembers off them with 'use key' (F).
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I am TRYING to do this mission. I got to the part where I rescued the escape pods. The next thing I have to do is defeat True Way reinforcements... but to my surprise, there are none. Is there some place where they are hiding? Do I have to trigger something?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_V View Post
What I was able to do was beam out of mission. Your going to get a warning that you are going to lose you progress, leave away. I was able to get back to sector space and saw "Continue: Homeworld". I continued Homeworld and was able to talk to changeling and get pass mission. FYI.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2011, 12:22 AM
I have a problem with this mission I can't seem to find it on my Available or Active missions. The game skipped this mission and went straight to Seeds of Dissent.
Ensign
# 9
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
I am TRYING to do this mission. I got to the part where I rescued the escape pods. The next thing I have to do is defeat True Way reinforcements... but to my surprise, there are none. Is there some place where they are hiding? Do I have to trigger something?

Yep, same thing here. I flew all the around
Captain
# 10
08-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho124 View Post
Yep, same thing here. I flew all the around
These posts are from 2 years ago. If you're having an issue, you may want to start a new thread and clearly explain your issue there.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----