Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Captain
They are a real eye sore. I hope they can be removed. Anyone else feel this way?

I could go into it more but short and to the point i find is best.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I like when they did them for the loot/drops, but I agree for regular walking around Space Dock and the bank lights up like a christmas tree, I see this as annoying, not helpful. Even on missions, I never had trouble finding things before, so it seems like unnessary graphics to me, I dislike them.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Captain
# 3
08-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I hope they make the effects optional, for I will turn interact effects off if I have that option.
I don't need objects to glow like a brush fire in missions to find them, I do just fine with my tricorder and I certainly don't need consoles glowing on my ship or in exchange etc., that's just ridiculous overkill.
It's distracting, looks extremely unrealistic and is just plain stupid, if whoever thought this up thought it was a positive contribution, I hope this individual contributes nothing more to the work that needs doing on STO.
Captain
# 4
08-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Agreed its annoying. Why cant we just have a simple unobtrusive indicator when you get closer to console that dissapears. In fact the consoles have screens on them why not have the animation part of the consoles function.

The new twilight twinkly effect. Not nice. Drop it.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Man, you guys don't know how good you have it. Back in the day every interactable object shined with a BLINDING LIGHT like it was the door to heaven. It FLASHED AND FLASHED like it was made of liquid metal.

Compared to that a magic aura is great.
Career Officer
# 6
08-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Man, you guys don't know how good you have it. Back in the day every interactable object shined with a BLINDING LIGHT like it was the door to heaven. It FLASHED AND FLASHED like it was made of liquid metal.

lmao I remember that lol. Still though I don't like this just as much as I didn't like the original one lol, the predecessor was great IMO.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Career Officer
# 7
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post

I remember.
The light at the end of the tunnel was either a Photon Torpedo or a clickable console.
Captain
# 8
08-12-2012, 04:15 PM
It's not as bad as I thought it would be when I read about it in the forums. Having said that, it seems like Cryptic is trying to idiot proof the game. I understand having to make it fairly simple for new people. But, it seems like if you are trying to idiot proof the whole game (as apposed to say, a tutorial mission) then you must think your players are idiots.

I resemble that remark.
Captain
# 9
08-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Well the problem with idiot proofing the game is if they go to far in that direction they end up with a game that is only appealing to idiots.
They could put whatever effect they like so long as they provide an option for those of us who neither need it nor want it to simply be able to turn it off.
Captain
# 10
08-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Don't worry, the new fairy dust powered consoles are completely harmless with zero chance of exploding!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.