Captain
# 21
08-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Speaking of planets and stars, I think its about time we fix Earth and the Sun. Earth in the game hardly have any cloud cover and looks like a globe from elementary school. The sun doesn't look like a bright star but a dim ball of liquid. Bajor, DS9, and Federation Space have a bright sun, so I think its time to do the same for our home star.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
08-16-2012, 11:00 AM
I thought I remembered seeing a planet in the background of the Fleet Starbase in the trailer. The Fleet Starbase "System" seems like one of those dull empty placed mentioned earlier, is there a way we could get something, anything, to break up the monotony (a planet would be nice, or a star, or something to signify it is a "system")?
Captain
# 23
08-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
I thought I remembered seeing a planet in the background of the Fleet Starbase in the trailer. The Fleet Starbase "System" seems like one of those dull empty placed mentioned earlier, is there a way we could get something, anything, to break up the monotony (a planet would be nice, or a star, or something to signify it is a "system")?
The star is there. That bright thing in the corner is not a room light, thats the local sun.
Captain
# 24
08-18-2012, 09:25 AM
I think that scaling is the bigger issue. Spacial objects like planets and moons are for the most part way to small and ridiculously close to each other. All for the purpose of a "nice picture".

Last edited by szim; 08-18-2012 at 09:27 AM.