Career Officer
# 31
08-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpha2clearance View Post
I got mine from the personal officer on Esd under special officers at the bottom of the list
Yes, there is the sole Engineer...we were supposed to get a male and female from Science, Tactical, and Engineering. Six total.

Here is the THREAD to catch you up on it. There are summary posts HERE and HERE.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
08-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Season 7 info looks nice , but more than one new sector is needed really , unless its a bloody big one
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I loved everything I read, gives me some encouragement to play the game again. Glad to hear we will be able to do more with our bridge officers and have more story.

My only concern is the tutorial. Please don't make it like the current KDF tutorial, thats more or less a waste of time. Try to make it either skippable or short for those of us who are altoholics.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Commander
# 34
<----- Is waiting for a better NX budle, Xindi and Temporal Cold War FE, an Delta Quadrant *starts holding his breath
Commander
# 35
Glad to see this posted:

We don?t need to ?think? the player base is larger or more active because we have the benefit of knowing exactly how many people are playing, for how long, and how many Fleet Marks are being earned by each character and each Fleet.

Cryptic know who plays the game and for how long and what they do. Its laughable how some folks think Cryptic is evil and makes changes just to piss them off.
Career Officer
# 36
08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Dstahl: STO could have maintained as a subscription only game, so the assumption is false. We still have a very healthy amount of subscribers. In fact, we added more lifetime subscriptions during last month?s sale than we expected.
Interesting statement since Atari's own financial disclosure, including Cryptic's profitability, appear to discredit this.

Will there ever be any stats on how many players Cryptic had in the subscription model vs. F2P? That would be an interesting metric. (and I'm sure a very positive one based on current experiences)
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Captain
# 37
08-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
Interesting statement since Atari's own financial disclosure, including Cryptic's profitability, appear to discredit this.

Will there ever be any stats on how many players Cryptic had in the subscription model vs. F2P? That would be an interesting metric. (and I'm sure a very positive one based on current experiences)
It's quite possible that STO was profitable, while NWN development was a huge cash drain to Cryptic; and CO could have been making money, losing money, or breaking even. The thing about Corporations with multiple divisions is that P&L statements don't show the whole picture for each division, just the whole.
Career Officer
# 38
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Really getting tired of seeing people in 5 man fleets whining that it's too hard for them. I don't think this system was intended for such small fleets, nor should it be. The rest of us spend a lot of our free time recruiting, I don't think fleets that small should be given any special considerations. Either deal with the limitations of your size or grow.
Commander
# 39
08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
Really getting tired of seeing people in 5 man fleets whining that it's too hard for them. I don't think this system was intended for such small fleets, nor should it be. The rest of us spend a lot of our free time recruiting, I don't think fleets that small should be given any special considerations. Either deal with the limitations of your size or grow.
How dare you have a Tom Paris Pic and be rude
Career Officer
# 40
08-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by general1devon View Post
How dare you have a Tom Paris Pic and be rude
Not being rude, and it's not only about this subject, there's a lot of people that think this game should be changed based on their own special needs, and often times when these changes happen, they have a more negative impact on the game as a whole. Too many people's mommies told them they were special a little too often. Just hate seeing this game made easier and easier because people don't want to work for anything.