Starfleet Veteran
Am I mistaken, or have they reduced the amount of Dilithium/Zen? Last week, I recall 1 Zen = 225 Dilithium; today 1 Zen = 192 Dilithium?

Before I get really angry and say something amount money-grubbing and/or robbery, can someone set me straight on this?

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Rihannsu
# 2
08-10-2012, 04:01 PM
the Dil-zen exchange ratio is set completely by players. The devs can only control the maximum and minimum possible values. The current price is constantly changing and is determined by the individual players using the dil exchange. If you really want to raise the price of the exchange, buy up as much cheap zen as you can.
Commander
# 3
08-10-2012, 04:02 PM
It's not controlled by Cryptic/PWE. The market is controlled by the players (more or less).

I actually like that the dilithium price of zen is dropping. It's far easier for me to farm dilithium than it is for me to shell out money for zen.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Republic Veteran
# 4
08-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
It's not controlled by Cryptic/PWE. The market is controlled by the players (more or less).

I actually like that the dilithium price of zen is dropping. It's far easier for me to farm dilithium than it is for me to shell out money for zen.
I agree with this statement. The only reason this message is this long is because when I just tried saying agreed it said it was too short.
Career Officer
# 5
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post

In general, low value of dilithium per zen benefits everyone except people who want to buy dilithium and it benefits them just fine as long as they're willing to pay.

In general, the less dilithium you can buy with a Zen, the more VALUE actual gameplay has.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Gotcha - appreciate the input. I don't use it very often, so I didn't know the Exchange worked like that. Have thought all along that it was a PWE/Cryptic-run device.

It actually is very cool that the players have some sort of control over at least one currency. I agree with the play vs. Zen thing, but thought I might spend my stipend on a bit of the purple stuff - sure as hell not going to use it for the overpriced crap in the Zen store...

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Commander
# 7
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I love it, I never thought I'd see it dip under 200.

I don't have much use in a starbase so it lets me stock up on Zen.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
As it's mostly market driven the season 6 changes have contributed heavily to the price change. There are a lot of projects requiring dilithium and many new items that require dilithium so dilithium demand is up a lot. Higher tier starbases have items that cost fleet credits and dilithium.

So for those that need dilithium going $$$ -> zen -> dilithium is getting more expensive.

Of course those that want to trade dil -> zen this is a good situation.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
it will hit correct value soon (about 175) then stablise
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
it will hit correct value soon (about 175) then stablise
Out of all your posts this is my favourite. I salute your market manipulation, as it benefits most of us.