Ensign
# 21
08-11-2012, 05:23 AM
If you purchase this, but cancel your subscription, you will be able to keep your personal bank and inventory slots. However, any other gold bonuses will be revoked, such as having more bridge officers, and access access to the account bank. Additionally, the bonuses you are supposed to receive will not transfer over to any secondary characters you might have.

Caveat emptor is in effect.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know how this would effect my case? I am currently a gold member, subscribed, one month at a time. Will I be able to pick the three month and get this discount for the three months after my current month expires? (If not, the accounting team made a horrible mistake...)
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Lieutenant
# 23
08-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Why did I loss a month sub time and almost 300 vets day. Switching from the former 3 month payment plan to this new one.

Also why did I go from about 715 vet days to 480 vet days ???

I summitted a ticket.

But I hope to here some answer here first. Maybe
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
08-11-2012, 08:31 AM
I think this is a great deal and re-subbed immediately upon reading this. I do have one question though: the limited time, is it like the "limited time" TOS uniforms in the TOS bundle, or is it an actual limited time?
Captain
# 25
08-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by potasssium View Post
Thanks, yeah I am not very concerned with respec tokens, but am very curious about the additional storage space. If a 2nd person can confirm this I will most likely buy the 3 month gold membership.
I can confirm it as well. You get more bank space, inventory space, an account bank with EC storage and 20 spaces, 4 Boff slots, 4 ship slots, 1 character slot, retrain tokens for each char you level while you're a gold member and a 500 zen stipend each month. All of that stuff you get to keep if you go back to F2P.

Additionally your EC cap is increased while you are gold, but is reduced to 10 million once you revert back to F2P. Any EC above that cap, you get to keep, but you can't earn more until you drop below 10 million again.

Also another reminder that you can also get 30 days of gold-membership if you buy an old retail-version of the game and enter the key in your account management. Considering that some retailers are shelling them out at prices below $1, it might be smarter to go that route.
Survivor of Remus
# 26
08-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Hopefully they actually give you the stipend; some people have been missing their stipends for months with no answer from support.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 27
08-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praghas View Post
Does anyone know how this would effect my case? I am currently a gold member, subscribed, one month at a time. Will I be able to pick the three month and get this discount for the three months after my current month expires? (If not, the accounting team made a horrible mistake...)
You can go into the billing site now and select the option for the discounted 3-month sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
Hopefully they actually give you the stipend; some people have been missing their stipends for months with no answer from support.
Anytime we've ever checked into someone who's requested research on if they missed their stipend, we've always found that their stipend was delivered. It's an automatic process -- if you're getting billed (or have a lifetime sub), you're getting your stipend. I even thought I missed mine one time but it had turned out that I forgot that I used the Dilithium Exchange.

We are working on a way to better notify players when their stipend is delivered, but there is no ETA on when it will go live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Community Moderator
# 28
08-11-2012, 10:44 AM
I tend to agree - I have a habit of not noticing and going....did I get it?

Really it would make sense for it to appear in the history of the dilithium exchange as a transfer in I guess.

Expect this next to C-Store purchase history ;-)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lieutenant
# 29
08-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Take a look at what DCUO is currently doing.
Lieutenant
# 30
08-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Anytime we've ever checked into someone who's requested research on if they missed their stipend, we've always found that their stipend was delivered. It's an automatic process -- if you're getting billed (or have a lifetime sub), you're getting your stipend. I even thought I missed mine one time but it had turned out that I forgot that I used the Dilithium Exchange.

We are working on a way to better notify players when their stipend is delivered, but there is no ETA on when it will go live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Some noticification would be very nice, of both when you get it and when you can expect it. I subbed up along with a friend who I got into the game, he got his stipend immediately, but I'm still sitting on the same amount I had prior. Haven't submitted a ticket yet because I'm simply not sure when I'm supposed to get mine, whether at the start of the subscription, or if it just checks for a subscription on the same date that I had originally subscribed.
Closed Thread