Captain
# 31
08-11-2012, 07:52 PM
So if I have 8 toons at VA I will get the inventory slots for all?

And I will get a repec token for each one? This is more of a concern since repec 8 toons is expensive.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-11-2012, 08:15 PM
So i caved and purchased the 3 months, now what do I do to make sure it does not renew? Cancel Sub?

Also, when do I receive the 500 Zen, the start of next month?

I also noticed the Matrix lists you get 500 promotional points not Zen, how do these differ, and when should I expect to receive my first stipend?

Edit: Never mind, I received my stipend. at first it looked like I had only gotten 200 pts, but I hazily remember buying something else, so the total does appear to match having recieved 500 pts.

All my characters received the extra storage spaces as well, just no retrain tokens, but that wasn't my concern in the first place.

Last edited by potasssium; 08-12-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Captain
# 33
08-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
So if I have 8 toons at VA I will get the inventory slots for all?

And I will get a repec token for each one? This is more of a concern since repec 8 toons is expensive.
You will get the inventory, bank, ship and boff slots retroactively for all your existing toons.

The respec tokens otoh, you?ll only get for the toons you level while you are a gold member. You won't get any for any existing toons.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychat View Post
Some noticification would be very nice, of both when you get it and when you can expect it. I subbed up along with a friend who I got into the game, he got his stipend immediately, but I'm still sitting on the same amount I had prior. Haven't submitted a ticket yet because I'm simply not sure when I'm supposed to get mine, whether at the start of the subscription, or if it just checks for a subscription on the same date that I had originally subscribed.
Yeah, have seen some mixed messages on this - some people have been claiming that you will receive a stipend immediately upon signing up, whilst others have said only after the end of the first month of subscription.

Can anyone definitively confirm which of these is the case?

EDIT - A day after posting, my personal balance just bumped up another 500 Zen - so I guess you do get a stipend at the beginning of your subscription - seems to take a day to come through - which is perfectly reasonable.

Last edited by gazurtoid; 08-13-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Lieutenant
# 35
08-13-2012, 05:41 PM
I too have a question. Some time ago as a Silver I purchased the ec cap increase from the C store. Now that I took up this offer, what happens if I cancel? Will the game still reconize I have purchased the cap increase, or will I have to possibly repurchase it?
Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG
Banned
# 36
08-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I have to be honest; there really arent that many perks for subscribing. Besides, you can actually earn zen for free by trading dilithium, meaning you can buy additional character/bank slots without spending any real money. There is no way I would pay a LT subscription for things I could get for free.
Career Officer
# 37
08-14-2012, 12:54 PM
How long does this sale run? I want to make sure I don't miss it because I'm waiting for a paycheck to come in.
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
08-14-2012, 01:37 PM
i just bought this 3 months sub, and the thing instantly activated, great speed cryptic!
Lieutenant
# 39 questions about promo
08-14-2012, 09:12 PM
can't find an easy FAQ for the promo, so my question has to go here lacking a more appropriate section

I'm *already* a 3-month recurring subscriber - does anyone know what, if anything, I have to do, to benefit from the 3 month subscription sale? do I have to cancel my current sub? do I have to cancel my current sub, wait for it to expire, and hope the sale is still running? will it automatically recognize my 3-month subscription current and renew my next 3-months at the sale price (which I highly doubt)

in short, I'm guessing that because I'm already 3-month subscribed, and nowhere near the 3-month expiration, am I just boned?

if there's a FAQ for the sale, it doesn't appear on the news page for the sale - I suppose they may have hidden it inside the subscription or account info section, but if anyone has a link to a FAQ, or can answer my above question, I'd appreciate the info.
Ensign
# 40 Sickened By ... ... ...
08-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Ok,

I am first and foremost a F2P player, I have spent $30 on PWE zen cards for this game, and i have to say i am going to be spending more.

I am sickened by all the flaming of people involving this game, especially with the newest "Sale" on subscriptions.

first of all its a SALE it means you save a little money to get / continue getting what your willing to buy in the first place, not a "Free Give Away"

I have been playing for about a month, maybe 2 tops, and have seen more patches, updates, and bug fixes in that time, than i have in any other MMORPG i have played in my lifetime, and that is going way back to Ultima-Online Beta (yes i am just that old) and i have played probly 20 - 30 other MMORPG's in that time, most if not all of which offered no F2P options, and gave little to no free updates / expansions.

if you dont like the game, there is a simple solution: Uninstall it, If you like the game then by all means post some possitive stuff.

do not waste my time, or others time, with your flaming useless posts about why you hate the game or PWE, or Cryptic, or Atari.

trying to search for things in the forums, that are helpful is like getting Route Canal with a chainsaw, with all the crap people keep posting and flaming.

$10 a month, for 3 months, is a great deal. you get the account bank (1000 zen cost for F2P) 500 zen free each month for 3 months (1500 zen [$15 value]) Right there alone is a $25 value for a F2P.

As a gold member you get a bunch of stuff that F2P has to use zen to get, like the respec tokens, I think those are 100-300 zen each, per level up, so yeah, overall by offering this "SALE" PWE isn't making any money off anyone who enjoys playing the game, if anything they are giving you free stuff...

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 08-16-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Closed Thread