Lieutenant
# 41
08-16-2012, 07:58 AM
So only post if you've got something good to say, and if you have some problems with the game, don't post?
Super Moderator
# 42
08-16-2012, 07:58 AM
dameos, I can relate to your frustration and your desire to vent it.

Your point has been made and I hope people will just leave it at that.

If anyone does post a response, I'm just going to ask that people do their venting without getting personal, okay?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 43
08-16-2012, 07:59 AM
If you're frustrated by the forum posters the best thing to do is take a break from the forums. It's amazing how much more enjoyable a game can be to you when you don't have the same 100 people telling you how much it sucks every day.
Banned
# 44
08-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dameos1976 View Post
so overall, stop your flaming , crying, whining, and overall sewage spewing about why you hate the game, and move on, I hear WoW is still taking new subscribers, go join the 8 year olds there.
Flaming other people for flaming makes you a flamer too. Crying about other people crying makes you a crier too. Whining about other people whining makes you a whiner too, etc, etc. So congrats, you are equally guilty of the very same things you condemn other people for doing, aka a hypocrite.
Career Officer
# 45
08-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Very sick of these posts which are just trolling just as much as you claim everyone else is. As if there is some sort of moral high road you're taking by ignoring STO's long list of issues.

If you want to enthusiastically take whatever they give you and heap praise on Cryptic to counter all the...um..whine-assing as you put it , be my guest. But don't dare come here and have the unmitigated gall to tell others that they should not post constructive feedback based on your personal viewpoint.

For your information, as a F2P player who is likely unfamiliar with the game's history, as many "useless" threads there are criticizing something, there are many constructive posts which have successfully challenged the developers' assumptions and resulted in changes for the better.

PWE makes and enforces the rules here, feel free to show yourself the door if you don't care for what's being posted.

Oh, and for some positivity, have a nice day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
They need to stop the exodus, fast. Here's 2 ways:
* Cut Upgrade Dilithium cost in half;
* Undo any and all XP nerfs.
And, as a general rule of thumb, don't keep treating your customers like your enemy, that you feel you have to stifle/nerf at every corner.
Captain
# 46
08-16-2012, 08:13 AM
i visit this forum but find the fleet forum to be much more enjoyable, probably because we all like to play the game and focus on that.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Ensign
# 47
08-16-2012, 08:19 AM
my apologies to anyone who thinks i am personally attacking anyone, but overall i find more posts complaining about "PWE taking peoples money for nothing" than "constructive criticism"

but as a F2P player, I am looking for more SOLID benefits that a subscriber gets, as i am sure others are as well, and when i clicked on the "Subscription Sale" link I was excited, only to find that 50 or so posts there complaining how it isn't worth it, so on so forth, stop and think for a second, if a prospective new player is searching for information about the game, and he/she sees all this negative are they going to even try the game? probably not. and then we as a community lose a prospective player.

without new players coming in, and old players being happy, the game will die, i don't want to see that happen.

I may be a hypocrite, for originally posting this, as an above poster said, but i feel we need to be a bit more supportive of the things we like, and not just blast every little thing that is wrong with it.
Ensign
# 48
08-16-2012, 08:23 AM
not at all, if it is a correctable problem by all means post it, if it is something as "Grey" as "PWE steals my money and gives me nothing in return" don't do it, is what i am saying.

its a game, we play it to immerse ourselves in the content of it, there are always going to be things people don't like, or small bugs, or even huge bugs, or typos, unless your a game designer, you have no idea how much work goes into making a game, let alone searching through thousands of lines of code to fix a missing pixel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utio View Post
So only post if you've got something good to say, and if you have some problems with the game, don't post?
Super Moderator
# 49
08-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Back on topic...

I have to say, if the 700 day veteran reward were completed the way they said it would be, with the customizable androids, I would've gone for the subscription sale in a heartbeat.

Since we have no idea when that will happen, I'd rather buy some DOFF slots I need for starbase projects and maybe try for a Tuffli Freighter in some Reinforcements packs.

I'm also wondering if there will be a Labor Day sale and what it would be. If it's a Zen sale and the subscription sale is still on, I might think about doing both.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 50
08-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, am SERIOUSLY considering this offer- 12.5 days (@8000 dilith/200 per zen) of free zen a month is hard to pass up, plus additional bank space, additional toon, etc for 30 bucks. A single month is 14.95.

When does this end Bran ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Closed Thread