Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 81
# 1 Wesley's Daddy Issues
08-10-2012, 07:58 PM
As you know, Wesley Crusher was the most hated character on the show. Captain Picard in one episode kept calling him "the boy" and so did many others to the point he sounded more like the ship's mascot. Some people believe he might have been Captain Picard's illegitimate love child.

However today I was watching Netflix when I came up with rather interesting theory. Maybe he was Commander Riker's love child. What's that you say Blargskull? That can't be possible.

First I took note that while Captain Picard was stuck in sexual neutral, Will Riker attacked anything in a dress. In fact, Riker even had a relationship with a non-gender alien. So I got to thinking about the fact that Will could have slipped back through time to do the nasty with Doc Crusher. But that is over thinking it. A better theory is that 9 months prior to Wesley's birth, young Will Riker hooks up with a red headed cougar in a bar for a one night stand. Both under the influence of Romulan ale they never remember much from that night.

What you need more? Well as I said, I was watching Netflix and saw actor on "Eureka" playing a doctor in full beard and thought wow he looks more like Riker than Picard.

Here is a picture of him. You decide.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,009
# 2
08-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Noooooooope. It's been repeatedly established that Wesley's father served with Picard on board the Stargazer, and died when it was destroyed during a Ferengi encounter gone awry. It's why Picard had such mixed feelings about Dr. Crusher and her son. He was obviously (and always had been) attracted to her, but at the same time she was the widow of his best friend.

That is an.... interesting.... idea there... But explains why Willy there is looking more and more like Jonathan Frakes.

(Something they both have acknowledged on at least one occasion!)
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,425
# 3
08-10-2012, 09:58 PM
First of all, as many have noted, Wheaton is more awesome than Wesley Crusher.

Second, I have long wanted to see MIRROR Wesley.

Because Wil Wheaton has acting chops.

And because Mirror Wesley would have to be, basically, Hamlet.

Hamlet loves art. Mirror Wesley would probably be more into art than science.

Hamlet's Uncle kills his father and marries his mother.

The shadow version of Picard would almost certainly kill Jack Crusher and take Beverly as his Captain's Woman. Most of the soft canon supports this (along with the idea that the Terran Empire's final collapse was in Picard's youth) although the various sources differ on how sympathetic Jean-Luc is versus Jack.

I DID enjoy the fairly recent comic take on Mirror Picard and MU history. One detail I loved there was how they had Pike sideways wielding his pistol. Modern audiences associate it with street gangs but side wielding pistols is a tradition rich in brutal cultures because it maximizes targets while minimizing aim. The whole point is to kill a bunch of random people, deliberately maximizing rate of fire and maximizing the randomness of people you kill. I just couldn't get over what a perfect twist that was for the Terran Empire.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 36
# 4
08-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blargskull View Post
However today I was watching Netflix when I came up with rather interesting theory. Maybe he was Commander Riker's love child. What's that you say Blargskull? That can't be possible.
Yeah anything is possible in "science fiction" trektard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blargskull View Post
A better theory is that 9 months prior to Wesley's birth, young Will Riker hooks up with a red headed cougar in a bar for a one night stand.
One problem with this is they would both be in their 20's so she wouldn't be a "cougar" as you said. And for proof you are compare the actor's appearance ??? You are losing it bro.

BTW if you are in the neighborhood, I will be at Mom and Dad's house for lunch. See you there I hope?

Who the heck gives Wil Wheaton?
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
# 5
08-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Picard isn't Wesley's dad, he's just nice to him to get into Bev's pants, same reason he sent her husband to die on an away mission. Sure, it doesn't rise to the level of villainy that Janeway was capable of, but Picard did have his dark side.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 81
# 6
08-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Well at least we all agree that Picard is NOT his father and Picard was getting more than tea for breakfast from Doc Crusher. In fact, I think when Vash returned in "Qpid" you can see that Beverly is looking forward to the threesome.

As for the actor Wil Wheaton, I am glad he is still able to work without becoming "Gilliganized" by which people immediately associate the actor to a role they played. He did a pretty good job playing Dr. Parrish in "Eureka" although the writers tossed in some obvious STNG gags. Most actors that get shoved into a pathetic role for years, end up doing cartoons and video games.

But I am still NOT convinced that Riker isn't Wesley Crusher's father.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 7
08-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Right firstly its biologically impossible (Riker being too YOUNG to be the father)
Time travel to father offspring always destroys the universe (see Films "flip side " "Paradox one " and tv series "the flip side of dominic hide")
Beverley is not a "riker babe" she likes men with brains , dignity , Style and emotional maturity.
Also starfleet genetic tech is quite advanced and a "wrong riker gene" would have been
identified before birth
Lets also move on to the moral issues
ALL rikers relationships were with single woman/men/things

Its more likely that Wesley was the mind child of the great bird himself (as well as the ultimate mary sue)
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,280
# 8
08-12-2012, 06:15 AM
I would have loved it if Nemesis would have had Wesley as the villain. Rather than some bald time waster, I'd have enjoyed seeing Wesley enacting some sort of revenge for everything they put him through.

Sort of a cosmic "Prodigal Son" story. Wesley blames Picard for his father's death and his time with the traveller awakens a burning hatred he'd always had of Picard. Now he comes back to enact his revenge and it is up to Picard to convince him of the truth.

I think that would have been a decent movie. Much better than a dune buggy race anyway.
___________________________
@Commadore_Bob; Joined Jul 2009; That post count + 20,000
Click on my sig to view Family-Friendly Youtube Videos
I also now have a logo shop. Click my sig!
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,009
# 9
08-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
I would have loved it if Nemesis would have had Wesley as the villain. Rather than some bald time waster, I'd have enjoyed seeing Wesley enacting some sort of revenge for everything they put him through.

Sort of a cosmic "Prodigal Son" story. Wesley blames Picard for his father's death and his time with the traveller awakens a burning hatred he'd always had of Picard. Now he comes back to enact his revenge and it is up to Picard to convince him of the truth.

I think that would have been a decent movie. Much better than a dune buggy race anyway.
It certainly would have been more amusing... His Mary Sue Science helping out the Rommies!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 81
# 10
08-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Right firstly its biologically impossible (Riker being too YOUNG to be the father)
Time travel to father offspring always destroys the universe (see Films "flip side " "Paradox one " and tv series "the flip side of dominic hide")
Beverley is not a "riker babe" she likes men with brains , dignity , Style and emotional maturity.
Also starfleet genetic tech is quite advanced and a "wrong riker gene" would have been
identified before birth
Lets also move on to the moral issues
ALL rikers relationships were with single woman/men/things

Its more likely that Wesley was the mind child of the great bird himself (as well as the ultimate mary sue)
  1. Riker would have been 20 how is that too young?
  2. As I said, I gave up on the time travel theory.
  3. Who really knows what she was like when she was 23, maybe she was a little vixen?
  4. Beverley being a doctor could and would falsify any genetic testing knowing her hubby wasn't the daddy.
  5. Riker can't have a moral slip? You elevated him to Saint Riker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
I would have loved it if Nemesis would have had Wesley as the villain. Rather than some bald time waster, I'd have enjoyed seeing Wesley enacting some sort of revenge for everything they put him through.

Sort of a cosmic "Prodigal Son" story. Wesley blames Picard for his father's death and his time with the traveller awakens a burning hatred he'd always had of Picard. Now he comes back to enact his revenge and it is up to Picard to convince him of the truth.

I think that would have been a decent movie. Much better than a dune buggy race anyway.
Damn, I thought he was the villain...

Actually it would be more likely if Worf was the villain the absolute indignity he had to suffer. All his ideas and tactics were refused or dismissed. I remember he used to want to arm weapons and blow the Romulans from the sky at every encounter. But some one would shout, "Belay that order!". Then the bald fart would invite the Borg for tea.

Riker + Beverly = Wesley do the math.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 AM.