Lieutenant
# 91
08-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
0.o

Sorry you read all my posts plain wrong.

I never once mentioned kill accolades like you get from killing x number of Romulans or Klingons. I said damage dealt and received, you know the kind that come from firing phasers and disruptors and polarons, or Punching Bag's kinetic damage received.

If you actually play the game, (and not level only by DOFFing), it is nigh impossible to get past LtC, (level 20), without getting the Punching Bag accolade from getting hit by NPC and or player torps and mines.

So in fact you are the one who is quite wrong.

And a hearty good day to you too SIR! HarumPH!!!

*Storms off in an over animated mock huff, gets off stage and dies laughing*
I know Martin in game and he is a darn good player who knows what he is talking about. I know he isn't DOFFING, his way like Sollvax the troll is.

At the same time you are correct about the puniching bag, but geez let's face it, that is only ONE of the pile of 2% you need to have to stand up to the severe beatings you can take in these types of missions.

Best kill and damage accs AND EXPERIENCE would come from doing at least SOME PVP both ground AND space, before even attempting to do PVE's and STF's, how do I know? I did ONE and was murdered wback when I was a noob, never went back until I had some decent gear and accs to hold up.

I as well as others, are considerate players, not greedy little whiney shts, like most of these noob F2P are.

So as for all the laughing off the stage bit, watch out, you might trip and fall.
Too Bad, So Sad
PS: Sollvax, no need to add your worthless wooden nickel comments.

Lieutenant
# 92
08-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Here is something all of you need to ponder:

Placing these Leaver Penalties against PAYING, long-time Players like myself, for not wanting to carry and endure consistent failed STF's and Fleet Missions, is forcing US TO LEAVE THE GAME.

In place for what the alternative is:
F2P players, who will probably never spend a dollar and will keep making toons like a reset button.

Where is the revenue for Cryptic in that?
Where is the incentive for people like myself to stay?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto
Too Bad, So Sad

Last edited by kalecto; 08-12-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Captain
# 93
08-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
I just got pugged with 2 captains, 1 commander and 1 BA for Klingon Fleet Alert. Needless to say, we failed the mission. We didn't even make it to wave 3. Worst game ever.

Now, mission only lasts 10 minutes or so, but it's time that I lost shooting crap -and adding to my keyboard wreckage- for nothing. All I got was SEVEN lousy fleet marks. I could have been doing 10 other different things which would have been far more rewarding, either in-game or in RL. But because of the leave penalty, I couldn't leave. So, fine, I stayed and did my best until the clock timed out.

However, I'm still p-off and frustrated for having wasted my time.

The "don't leave your team mates out to dry" crap is BS. My time and effort is as valuable as theirs, and the mission was a fail ANYWAY, regardless of whether I stayed or left. The lowbies didn't earn anything for their time and effort either, or learned anything new other than "I need to level the frak up".

So leave penalties are not a solution. They are not benefiting anyone.

The solution for this is fairly simple: devs make it so no more than one lowbie is pugged in a team. 2 max, but it's a stretch. That gives the high levels a chance to successfully finish the mission, and it also gives the lowbies the chance to learn the ropes while getting rewards in the process. Everyone ends up happy. Gg.

Those are my 2 cents. Flame on.
Then take the penalty and do one of those ten other things. If you value your time as much as you state, you would have left immediately upon seeing the lowbies. But I suppose RL doesn't even reward seven fleet marks so that would have been a waste of time also.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 94
08-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogerty1 View Post
Here is something all of you need to ponder:

Placing these Leaver Penalties against PAYING, long-time Players like myself, for not wanting to carry and endure consistent failed STF's and Fleet Missions, is forcing US TO LEAVE THE GAME.

In place for what the alternative is:
F2P players, who will probably never spend a dollar and will keep making toons like a reset button.

Where is the revenue for Cryptic in that?
Where is the incentive for people like myself to stay?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto
Then quit. But you can't. One of the other Joneses might surpass you and you'll be forced to catch up rather than keep up.
All cloaks should be canon.

Last edited by kalecto; 08-13-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Lieutenant
# 95
08-12-2012, 06:37 PM
fogerty1, get off your high horse!

If you don't like pugs, then don't do them. If you are annoyed that there aren't enough players as elitist as you on at the same time, then recruit some into ur fleet!

The leavers penalty is fine as it is, its punks like you who decide before a mission even begins to leave that should be punished, u are depriving 4 other players the chance at winning the mission just because u think u are too important to play with them.

What should happen is that players should report leavers like you to a GM and if the GM feels there are too many complaints then bans should be in place, the same goes for leeechers and trolls.
Lieutenant
# 96
08-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Too Bad, So Sad

Last edited by kalecto; 08-12-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Lieutenant
# 97
08-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Then create private stf's then, simple.

Or do u have no friends?

With an attitude like yours, its no surprise.
Lieutenant
# 98
08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepiduk View Post
Then create private stf's then, simple.

Or do u have no friends?

With an attitude like yours, its no surprise.
Holy Jesus Christ, did you flunk Reading Comprehension in school? I guess your throwing your fashionable ELITIST term because you think that's what it's about, Read back before mouthing off with senseless opinions.
Too Bad, So Sad

Empire Veteran
# 99
08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogerty1 View Post
I know Martin in game and he is a darn good player who knows what he is talking about. I know he isn't DOFFING, his way like Sollvax the troll is.

At the same time you are correct about the puniching bag, but geez let's face it, that is only ONE of the pile of 2% you need to have to stand up to the severe beatings you can take in these types of missions.

Best kill and damage accs AND EXPERIENCE would come from doing at least SOME PVP both ground AND space, before even attempting to do PVE's and STF's, how do I know? I did ONE and was murdered wback when I was a noob, never went back until I had some decent gear and accs to hold up.

I as well as others, are considerate players, not greedy little whiney shts, like most of these noob F2P are.

So as for all the laughing off the stage bit, watch out, you might trip and fall.
I would like to say thank you for coming off so temperate, level headed and centered. Those are all compliments and I honestly feel that way about this post.

The laughing bit was to show I was more entertained by the misunderstanding, and the response to that misunderstanding, than offended.

Forgive me for taking about myself but as you do not know me I should establish credentials for my actual statement.

Aside from being a TenForward member, I'm also a Sad Panda Cub. I stay in the Sad Panda Cubs, even when I get invites to actual PvP fleets with established cred because I teach how to PvP in the Sad Panda Cubs. While I do not have the chops to cut it as a Sad Panda, (my timing and grasp of advanced strategy needs more work), they respect me. They often invite me to unofficial, private PvP matches. I have even done the odd tournament. I post build advice in the forums as well and when I do I often ask the more prominent PvPers to correct me. I am fortunate to not have them do so but once and again.

Now just because I do not share your point of view does not mean I do not respect you, or in anyway intend disrespect to you.

I do not have many accolades on any of my toons, (just a bunch of the damage dealt and damage received ones earned by leveling up to cap). I do not have the patience to hunt them down even by way of foundry missions intended to boost kill counts, (I have identified more than a few just in case I decided to hunt accolades because i am aware of the passive bonuses many accolades can and will give). I really lack the patience for farming FM, but my fleeties ask me to and I have a hard time telling my fleeties in 10F no. They really are a fun bunch to shoot the dookie with and I like to help. I STF and elite STF only for the fragging gear. I do not even dil farm. I barely DOFF.

Truth told I would rather PvP, even if I be PuGin, I would rather PvP.

Now for my actual statement...

Most of those accolades really do not seem to do a whole lot for me. A solid build, a knowledge of what counters what, knowing how to position your ship, playing to the strengths of your class, playing to the strengths of your ship those to me are what makes the actual difference. Passive accolade buffs only enhance that and in no way are a replacement for actual skill. To me accolades are only the implication, right or wrong, that a given player has spammed the spacebar, usually in PvE... a lot.

If you saw me in an elite STF, with TenForward over my toon and only the handful of accolades you'd wanna bug out even though in PvE I can more than tow my weight. That is what I take offense to. Not all with a handful of accolades do not know how to play.

Trust me I PUG, (I tend to be a solo player when I PvE). I have had players AFK, leave, do everything backwards or just plain wrong and not even listen the whole time. I just chalk it up as an excuse to run the stupid PvE mission again later when it comes off cooldown. Sometimes I get lucky and get a solid PuG. Other times I do my best to shoulder the vacuum that casuals have no clue to carry. I only leave when RL forces me to. I'm just PuG-nacious like that. By the way that is the name of my SPC alt toon's, (Panamon Creel), Defiant, U.S.S. Pugnacious, (pug?na?cious/pəgˈnāSHəs/Adjective: Eager or quick to argue, quarrel, or fight. Having the appearance of a willing fighter).

Accolades are not everything.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Lieutenant
# 100
08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Brain dead intrepiduk, read post #90
Too Bad, So Sad

Last edited by fogerty1; 08-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Closed Thread