Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 321
# 111
08-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogerty1 View Post
Here is something all of you need to ponder:

Placing these Leaver Penalties against PAYING, long-time Players like myself, for not wanting to carry and endure consistent failed STF's and Fleet Missions, is forcing US TO LEAVE THE GAME.

In place for what the alternative is:
F2P players, who will probably never spend a dollar and will keep making toons like a reset button.

Where is the revenue for Cryptic in that?
Where is the incentive for people like myself to stay?


This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto
don't stay then, leave, game would be better off without your elitest, selfish, entitled whinging arse. people like you in mmo's just irritate other people. get called a troll because you're so self absorbed that you feel you have the right to do anything over anyone else.

i pay for the game, i go into a pug i expect just that, a pug...could be bad, could be good, doesn't matter, i knew going in and i'm not just going to bail. if you were too stupid and didn't have enough friends NOT to pug...that's your problem, not the games...no one forced you to leave either.

you got what you deserved, then whinging about it? wonder why you get called a troll? because it's difficult to believe that anyone could be so dense and feel so entitled. yours is at the fairytale level, like you think you're a princess or something.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 112
08-12-2012, 11:56 PM
before they change anything on the timer, they should make sure that this **** actually works (like it still doesnt.. often at cure space). if this should work correctly one day, i am fine with any change because i am not a leaver. also, id like to throw a note to the topic starter. when i started STO (last year in october or something) i went to lvl 40 or something within a week (and i played all the storyline missions until that mission). however, content was really boring at that time (didnt change a lot). i decided to do the last levels with some special foundry mission that would level me up faster. i have a friend who did not play this mission and was playing with me all the time, still, i think i am stronger than him, gained more knowledge in the same time and so on.. so it has absolutely nothing to do with how fast you play this game. i see people with lets say 700 day award and a rainbow beam boat. how is that?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 113
08-13-2012, 12:22 AM
I see you now have a Sig that directly attacks me
Oh how MATURE


but here and now I will defeat your arguments

1 No one "doffs to VA " it would take MONTHS

2 the people you walk out on pay as much as you do

Yes the people you are deserting in combat PAY to PLAY

they are not "endgame " or "retired" like you
and few of them are lifers but they do PAY
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 471
# 114
08-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
Agreed. You meant damage accolades, I thought of kill accolades. My bad.



That is ONE or TWO accolades you're mentioning here, which I'll agree you can get before 50, but not ALL of them as suggested in your original post.

"BTW it is near, (unless you DOFFed you way there), impossible to get to VA without getting the damage received and dealt accolades."

You didn't say one or two, or some, or several. You said THE damage received and dealt ACCOLADES, as in ALL of them. But hey, may be I misinterpreted that too.

I was still getting damage accolades in both my toons way after I made it to level 50. In fact, my KDF is still getting them. Like I said, you can make it to VA/LG in 4-7 days. I've heard people claiming even sooner than that. What gets you to top level is skill points, not accolade points, and there's plenty of repetitive missions that reward enough XP to level up quickly, yet not enough damage dealt/received to get an accolade.

So it is also fairly easy (as opposed to "near impossible") to get to VA without getting all of the damage accolades. You can get some of them, yes, but not all of them.

In which case, you're still wrong.



Right.



Yeah, what Fogerty said.
Conviction of one's own infallibility does not make a good player.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,069
# 115
08-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkoreking View Post
you didnt even give the team a chance. whats the worst that can happen? you might get further than nowhere. So turn it intoa case of helping others stay alive, and team spirit against the odds. i find it more fun to help and fail than ragequit and doom the whole team. and people thank you when you throw heals on them and keepthem alive, true teamwork and good gameplay does not require a "win". and you wouldnt get the ban, only a cooldown for one pve
Agreed.

At the very worst he'd have earnt a few fleet marks.

Even with the event of Starbases, there are still too many players who think tha it's all about what they want.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 516
# 116
08-13-2012, 02:12 AM
http://imgur.com/gallery/x3ZEN
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
# 117
08-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
don't stay then, leave, game would be better off without your elitest, selfish, entitled whinging arse. people like you in mmo's just irritate other people. get called a troll because you're so self absorbed that you feel you have the right to do anything over anyone else.

i pay for the game, i go into a pug i expect just that, a pug...could be bad, could be good, doesn't matter, i knew going in and i'm not just going to bail. if you were too stupid and didn't have enough friends NOT to pug...that's your problem, not the games...no one forced you to leave either.

you got what you deserved, then whinging about it? wonder why you get called a troll? because it's difficult to believe that anyone could be so dense and feel so entitled. yours is at the fairytale level, like you think you're a princess or something.
Well said.

Ths really boils down to him not being made to feel special just becaue he paid in the past to play. Hardly a good reason to screw other players over, paying or not.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,069
# 118
08-13-2012, 03:09 AM
It's quite interesting actually.

I played Fleet Defense a few times during the weekend, and on one occasion a girl* in a T2 Nova class actually admitted that she was pretty new STO. I offerred to help her as much as I could, within reason.

And I was actually surprised to see that she didn't really need that much help; she used the Nova's agility well, pretty much only targeted smaller enemy ships (from what I saw) and weakened the enemy ship's shields quite nicely - okay, she 'died' a few times but she definitely had the right idea and with a few heals and shield buff's, stayed in the fight for a healthy length of time.

And that's the thing - okay, her DPS etc may not, currently, be great due to level limiations but if she continues to play that way, she'll be mopping the floor with enemy ships by the time she reaches VA.

And players like her should, in my opinion, be encouraged rather than dismissed at face value.

* or someone playing a girl - I'll refer to her AS 'her' to keep it simple and since I have no proof eitherway

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,892
# 119
08-13-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
It's quite interesting actually.

I played Fleet Defense a few times during the weekend, and on one occasion a girl* in a T2 Nova class actually admitted that she was pretty new STO. I offerred to help her as much as I could, within reason.

And I was actually surprised to see that she didn't really need that much help; she used the Nova's agility well, pretty much only targeted smaller enemy ships (from what I saw) and weakened the enemy ship's shields quite nicely - okay, she 'died' a few times but she definitely had the right idea and with a few heals and shield buff's, stayed in the fight for a healthy length of time.

And that's the thing - okay, her DPS etc may not, currently, be great due to level limiations but if she continues to play that way, she'll be mopping the floor with enemy ships by the time she reaches VA.

And players like her should, in my opinion, be encouraged rather than dismissed at face value.

* or someone playing a girl - I'll refer to her AS 'her' to keep it simple and since I have no proof eitherway
and thats exactly why she/he would be better off in the appropriate tier of her level. Why?

if he/she was already good in an environment that was too tough for to perform well, and she/he performed good anyway, then that person would perform excellent inside the appropriate level range. i mean that person could be a match winner at this tier, and that gives him/her a great motivational push...

Then you list exactly the reasons why lower levels shouldn't be in VA fleet events. As you mentioned she died a few times and her DPS was low...currently, but thats exactly the problem...

i mean when the person hits the right level, he/she is more than welcome to join VA fleet events...because thats where he/she can make a difference. At a low level it is just very unlikely that this person is more than a burden to the group and the mission goal.

on topic: in my opinion leaver penalties are fine as they are...it is just wrong to inforce draconic punishment on somebody that just does not want to play with some others.
i'm actually against any form of penalty in this game...i would rather like to see some form of extra reward if a low level player is in the instance. spare the whip, spoil the child philosophy i find much more motivating in a game than being punisched.
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,491
# 120
08-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
and thats exactly why she/he would be better off in the appropriate tier of her level. Why?

if he/she was already good in an environment that was too tough for to perform well, and she/he performed good anyway, then that person would perform excellent inside the appropriate level range. i mean that person could be a match winner at this tier, and that gives him/her a great motivational push...

Then you list exactly the reasons why lower levels shouldn't be in VA fleet events. As you mentioned she died a few times and her DPS was low...currently, but thats exactly the problem...

i mean when the person hits the right level, he/she is more than welcome to join VA fleet events...because thats where he/she can make a difference. At a low level it is just very unlikely that this person is more than a burden to the group and the mission goal.

on topic: in my opinion leaver penalties are fine as they are...it is just wrong to inforce draconic punishment on somebody that just does not want to play with some others.
i'm actually against any form of penalty in this game...i would rather like to see some form of extra reward if a low level player is in the instance. spare the whip, spoil the child philosophy i find much more motivating in a game than being punisched.
The penalty's probably easier to code and enforce than a bonus system-because it's not level-dependent, only the behaviour it is addressing is. A LTJG ditching out early gets the same 30 minute penalty that a VA does. Your suggested remedy, on the other hand, involves writing more code, debugging said code, and (Potentially) having to patch many, many, more times as unintended exploits are employed by unscrupulous players.

(Of course, with attendant ***** moan complain on the forums.)

The only REAL question, is whether the method will achieve it's intended result, or if it's going to generate yet OTHER unintended outcomes. that bit is still unproven, but it is notable that since the last patch, the lag on "Starbase Incursion" makes 50's stop-motion animation look positively fluid and natural.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 PM.