Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 464
# 61
08-12-2012, 10:36 AM
The only real solution to this that I see to allow lower level players the opportunity to earn fleet marks and avoid the problems the level scaling system has is to do one of the following:
  • Set up bracketed fleet events for each rank
  • Set up two brackets
    • Elite Fleet Events - just rename the ones we have as it and make them all 40-45+
    • Fleet Events - make these for Lt. - Captain balanced at the Lt. Commander/Commander level

The devs say most people are at level cap but I do see alot of lower level players in these. I was in a Starbase Defense the other night where it was first off four of us, me as a VA, two Lt. Commanders, and a Commander. We earned a whopping two fleet marks.

On both sides of the coin, this is not fair to people at level cap, nor is it fair to people a lower levels. It boils down to that somewhere along the lines someone made the decision to push everyone into one mission using the level scaling system. That decision may have been time and cost effective, but it is not fair to the playerbase. Just look at the issues it is causing.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,385
# 62
08-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
no only the first one what is importend.
Guess we don't need to read your posts then, eh? Since only the first one is 'importend'...
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 63
08-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
The only real solution to this that I see to allow lower level players the opportunity to earn fleet marks and avoid the problems the level scaling system has is to do one of the following:
  • Set up bracketed fleet events for each rank
  • Set up two brackets
    • Elite Fleet Events - just rename the ones we have as it and make them all 40-45+
    • Fleet Events - make these for Lt. - Captain balanced at the Lt. Commander/Commander level
The devs say most people are at level cap but I do see alot of lower level players in these. I was in a Starbase Defense the other night where it was first off four of us, me as a VA, two Lt. Commanders, and a Commander. We earned a whopping two fleet marks.

On both sides of the coin, this is not fair to people at level cap, nor is it fair to people a lower levels. It boils down to that somewhere along the lines someone made the decision to push everyone into one mission using the level scaling system. That decision may have been time and cost effective, but it is not fair to the playerbase. Just look at the issues it is causing.
They should give them their own bracket. Because as with the Borg DSEs, having lower levels in the group actually decreases chances of succeeding in these events. (Even if they are captained by Lifetimers).

If they want lower levels to mix with higher levels, then Cryptic needs boost them more than just making them temporarily level 60. Maybe decrease NPC's strength or increase the timer based on the lowest level.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 64
08-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogerty1 View Post
Ok so it does appear the ALOT feel the same way I do about after earning your ability to carry a mission through, and having to go above and beyond that using expensive consumables to carry leechers.
Ive been reading this topic from the beginning... and I dont think anyone has ever agreed with you...

Quote:
Now for the few that hammered me about not completing the mission. Here is some news for you:

Infected Ground (Normal) I have done over 450 times. How many EVER won (And that means playing to the end), NONE. Yes people that is correct. I spent many many, many, many hours doing this mission over and over and over, with lowbie noobs etc. even a few VA's thrown in like myself on occasion, and ALL FAILED, because of the dying noobsters.
So in this this instance... 'lowbie noobs' are what? Level 45 players? Because thats the level when STFs open up... And if youve never won 1 Infected Ground mission on Normal... then you have more problems you need to take a look at... because even with PUGs I won more missions than I failed on that one...

Quote:
Do I want to endure this pain and suffering again spending hundreds of thousands of EC trying to carry and teach them only to never see them again?.
What the heck are you spending hundreds of thousands of ECs on to finish missions? Hypos? Batteries? What? Because Ive been running STFs for a long while... and I dont think Ive spend that much, even on failed runs... and I dont hardly buy anything for the new Fleet missions.

Main point quit with the QQ and deal with getting low level players in public queues. Finish the mission, regardless of the cost, or live with the leaver penalty.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 65
08-12-2012, 01:01 PM
if you are splitting these some (including incursion) need to EXCLUDE VA's
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 443
# 66
08-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
if you are splitting these some (including incursion) need to EXCLUDE VA's
Why should it? And I mean a valid reason, not some silly "VAs should retire" reason.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 67
08-12-2012, 01:12 PM
So that people who actually PAY for the Game get something to do rather than "Grind for" stuff

you keep stealing bread out of their mouths to give to the VA's they are going to QUIT
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 443
# 68
08-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
So that people who actually PAY for the Game get something to do rather than "Grind for" stuff

you keep stealing bread out of their mouths to give to the VA's they are going to QUIT
So there are no VA's that pay for the game? Nice try, but that's really a stretch. And it's still not a valid reason.

Incursion and the other fleet events should remain the way they are, open to everyone (with the exception of no win, that should remain level 50).
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 189
# 69
08-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I fully support an early leaver penalty.
I have never left a fleet event or STF early, no matter how bad it goes.
And I've never had to use "hundreds of thousands of EC" on even several PUGs in a row, even when they go bad...so, donno what's so expensive there.
Now if we could get a penalty for those that don't move or fire the whole mission.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 384
# 70
08-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbflordkrueg View Post
I fully support an early leaver penalty.
I have never left a fleet event or STF early, no matter how bad it goes.
me to never left to anyone from my 2k missions thats why i vote for 5 hours penality
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:41 PM.