Empire Veteran
# 11
08-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
This project was better than I expected. I love the fact that the tribbles multiply.
Tribble football is the new pvp!
Exactly, the last fleet meeting was essentially people kicking tribbles around. Lots of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2012, 09:41 AM
The "Special Projects" have lost any interest for me... too expensive for what you get, and no on/off toggle. Not a lot of thought was put into them, in my opinion. Giant plants ? ( will they develop giant insects ? ) Rotating viewscreens ( makes me dizzy just looking at it ) Tribble clutter. ( Will a "Tribbled" StarBase need to " bribe " a Federation Inspector, to avoid "Environmental Hazard "status ? )

Meh....

Whatever the next " Special Project ", my default setting for these is now ... NO !
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrus3 View Post
Exactly, the last fleet meeting was essentially people kicking tribbles around. Lots of fun.
How fun will that be two months from now? Everything eventually becomes stale when it has no real application.

The Tribble/Targ infestation Project had no real benefits to those visiting the StarBase. I visited my Fleet StarBase last night and there were plenty of StarFleet Personnel running about. Enough to make the place look lively enough without Tribbles.

From my perspective, Tribbles are like a roach infestation. People just dont see it that way because theyre furry. But I see no reason what so ever for them to be on a StarBase when they do nothing more then reproduce at an alarming rate.

I think Cryptic made the project sound like something fun when all it was was a dillithium sink. And a future nuisance.
Career Officer
# 14
08-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I think it's cumulative, based on Starbase Tier.

Just wait till you get to Tier 5.

8-)

I'm sure at some point Cryptic will add a cosmetic toggle feature that will allow Fleet Admins to disable the effect if Fleet members find it too invasive.
Career Officer
# 15
08-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonjean View Post
All projects need an on and off button. Yes, we bought the open windows, but give us the option to use closed windows for a while if we want. Same thing for the plants or tribble vendor.
That and we need the ability to cancel and refund projects. I didn't want to waste dilithium on this stupid tribble guy, but someone in my fleet made it an active project before I could get the word out. We had to blow the 200k dilithium just to clear it from the queue so it'll be open for whatever the next project is (which I hope is a damn sight better than the tribble jack***).
Commander
# 16
08-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Oh lighten up. Some people enjoy seeing a little fluff and fun to lighten up the mood. This game is too serious as it is.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
08-11-2012, 10:41 AM
As fleet leader, I informed my fleet exactly what the project was, what it involved, and allowed the fleet members to decide whether or not we did it.

The end result... we had a nice game of tribble soccer this morning, then we had Nemo clean up all the tribbles.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Career Officer
# 18
08-11-2012, 11:34 AM
The project has an on/off button of sorts (from the player perspective at least).

Speak to Jones to remove the tribbles (until the next time you load the map I think).
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
08-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzout View Post
Is this some kind of sick practical joke the Devs are playing on us? My fleet did the tribble project for our starbase. It cost us 200k dilithium and what did we get? The OP deck is now littered with tribbles. Are you frakking kidding Me? We also got a pretty useless tribble breeder who hangs around the bar and will clean up the tribbles if you tell him to. Of course, the tribbles are back a few hours later and you have to tell him to clean them up again...rinse and repeat forever.

I urge everybody else not to fall for this stupid prank and invest your fleet resources into something useful.
As P.T. Barnum so accurately, observed, so many years ago, there's a sucker born every minute.
Career Officer
# 20
08-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Is it bad I cant help but sit here and laugh?

Last edited by zurganus; 08-11-2012 at 02:52 PM.