Survivor of Romulus
# 21
08-11-2012, 03:30 PM
nope...im sitting here and laughing my #%$ off also.....first thing that i saw when i read the title......oh jeez save us all.....*gets attacked by tribbles*

then the part about tribble football was hilarious.
Career Officer
# 22
08-11-2012, 05:44 PM
tribble soccor. id be funny if the tribbles kept breeding until you cleared them out. one day your base is filled with nothing but tribbles!
Captain
# 23
08-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah. It would be fun for special events - you beam in and there's 5' of tribbles in the whole base. So you need to do some mini-mission to thin them out.
Empire Veteran
# 24
08-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
Oh lighten up. Some people enjoy seeing a little fluff and fun to lighten up the mood. This game is too serious as it is.
Yeah, amen on that. I personally love the tribbles. It's not like there are massive piles of them, just a few random ones.

Survivor of Romulus
# 25
08-11-2012, 08:49 PM
The moment I saw this coming, I reserved sole permission to manage holdings. I just know someone in my fleet, perfectly innocently, would have started this project and we would have had to deal with it. In a roleplaying fleet...

My sympathies, OP, but you learned a lesson the hard way, yeah?
Captain
# 26
08-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonjean View Post
All projects need an on and off button. Yes, we bought the open windows, but give us the option to use closed windows for a while if we want. Same thing for the plants or tribble vendor.
Just wait. Most likely there will be a limited project that is just a console so we can control which limited projects are active.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
08-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Just wait. Most likely there will be a limited project that is just a console so we can control which limited projects are active.
Nah more likely a limited time project for 200000 dilithium to disable a particular item.

Kicking the tribbles is fun.
Rihannsu
# 28
08-11-2012, 09:51 PM
We were lucky this project finished just as my fleet was holding a party for a new player's promotion to commander.

We spend the night running though the tribble piles and trying to kick them in to unusual places; under the console in the Operations Center, on to the transporter pad, in to the holodeck or turbolift.

Most fun we have had on the Starbase yet.

FWI the Tribbles are effected by explosions like the Breen snow'nade, and the Engineering transphasic bomb.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Captain
# 29
08-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
As fleet leader, I informed my fleet exactly what the project was, what it involved, and allowed the fleet members to decide whether or not we did it.
I did the same. Two other leaders were on as well as several members of the fleet. We all discussed it and decided no way on this one. Sent out a Fleet message, and out of all of our members that responded only one wanted the tribbles. He tried to get me to just put it in the que. He didn't realize I was the one pushing for it to not be there. now if we can keep it out till this is over is the question.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Commander
# 30
08-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admrenlarreck View Post
I did the same. Two other leaders were on as well as several members of the fleet. We all discussed it and decided no way on this one. Sent out a Fleet message, and out of all of our members that responded only one wanted the tribbles. He tried to get me to just put it in the que. He didn't realize I was the one pushing for it to not be there. now if we can keep it out till this is over is the question.
I wish the leaders in my fleet were so generous as to ask. Someone's already queued the tribble thing up, and I sure as heck don't want tribbles all over the base.

I'd change it*, but I don't want the drama.

*It's in the "upcoming" tab, so it's still changeable, and I have the permissions to do it. But I'm not a leader and I'm not about to start some sort of stupid power struggle over it.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.