Commander
# 41
08-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Sounds like your fleet is went the same way mine is. A simple fleet that's mostly casual, offered bank space, and RP, now starting to get controlling and demanding more than what's reasonable...

My condolences Velktra... it's no fun.
That's exactly what happened, and it happened very quickly. We only started the fleet when season six went live, which wasn't that long ago.

I can tolerate a lot, but a totalitarian fleet where I can't even ask people to stop assuming everyone in the fleet wants certain things... not something I'll put up with, regardless of who runs it. This isn't the Soviet Union, it's a game... it's supposed to be fun.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Captain
# 42
08-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
That's exactly what happened, and it happened very quickly. We only started the fleet when season six went live, which wasn't that long ago.

I can tolerate a lot, but a totalitarian fleet where I can't even ask people to stop assuming everyone in the fleet wants certain things... not something I'll put up with, regardless of who runs it. This isn't the Soviet Union, it's a game... it's supposed to be fun.
Ours had been around for months, which kind of makes it even sadder. You think you know a person... alas....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 43
08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkan View Post
Um, did you even read anything about the project?
It has the world tribbles in it.
Tribbles.
Even non trekkies know what tribbles and how fast they multiply. Honestly, Cryptic didn't troll you or pulled a prank on you or anything. You brought this on yourself.
Ummm, something functional, like tribble storage, a tribble store, tribble doff missions. The fact there is a guy that does nothing is the point!
Community Moderator
# 44
08-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonjean View Post
All projects need an on and off button. Yes, we bought the open windows, but give us the option to use closed windows for a while if we want. Same thing for the plants or tribble vendor.
I could go for that.

In our little fleet, I flat out gave notice that we'd skip the tribbles. If there had been any serious objection, I'd put it to a vote. And the vote would most likely have come in as a 'no'.

I like tribbles as much as the next guy. Even keep some around in our bank for breeding purposes (though I'm rethinking that).

But I do not find them decorative. And I, personally, do not want them all over the place. If I want to visit with a tribble, I'll pull one out of my personal storage and put it back when I'm done.

Not to mention, these special projects are really designed for large fleets so others can have a chance to generate Fleet Credits. We did the first two, but only because it makes the starbase nicer to look at. It doesn't make sense to keep doing them in a small fleet.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
08-13-2012, 07:41 AM
I think the Tribbles everywhere are hysterical and I love it. I'm glad our fleet decided to go for it!

There are some fun games to play with Tribbles... like who can kick it the farthest and who can get a Tribble into the wierdest spot.

Personally - I like to kick them all in the turbolift... but I know they disapper when I leave the station (unless someone else comes on board)
Lieutenant
# 46
08-24-2012, 02:00 PM
I just wish after the clean up happened, thr tribbles didn't reappear for, say, 20 minutes or even an hour...

At least you wouldn't have to talk to Jones over and over and over again...