Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 21
08-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
They get a lot of criticism because of, well. look at the past two years of STO and Champs. They got their criticism the hard way, they earned it.
1 - engine is OK

2 - it is THEIR engine - they are writing it..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Career Officer
# 22
08-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Every time stahl said something about pvp... We all well know that exactly THAT won't happen. Lulz...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Captain
# 23
08-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Nah.

If you already participate in PVP you're in for the ride, otherwise just going to check in every so often to see where it's at.

The try or die 1 map approach sounds like trying to solve the wrong problem.

PVP is unbalanced, not lacking a feature.

Not really sure why they're trying to make new play modes or gimmick maps but not addressing how boff abilities/consoles are treated the same for both PVE and PVP or whatever else the PVP community has been harping about for the longest time now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Rihannsu
# 24
08-12-2012, 02:14 PM
The main question of this thread is will you wait until they fix PVP in the estimated 7-9 seasons..

Personally, I don't think I'd quit playing STO in that length of time. But will I be able to stay interested in STO's PVP? It's doubtful that by Season 9, if it took them that long to even get things off the ground, that I'd be willing to sit around and wait for PVP to get better.

Now if in the 4-6 Months till Season 7 is officially out they actually make huge leaps and bounds towards improving PVP.. With things like, New Map Mechanics, Bridge Officer and Kit Power balances. Universal ship console power balance overhaul for PVP Uses. And perhaps even new Gear..Making it so that there's a PVP map for the Fleet System.. I might stick around abit longer.. Though there are other things as well that I would like to see happen that aren't related to PVP it's self.

Long as they don't do something as bone headed and wrong that would completely alienate everyone who plays I don't see my self going anywhere for too long.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 25
08-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
The main question of this thread is will you wait until they fix PVP in the estimated 7-9 seasons..

Personally, I don't think I'd quit playing STO in that length of time. But will I be able to stay interested in STO's PVP? It's doubtful that by Season 9, if it took them that long to even get things off the ground, that I'd be willing to sit around and wait for PVP to get better.

Now if in the 4-6 Months till Season 7 is officially out they actually make huge leaps and bounds towards improving PVP.. With things like, New Map Mechanics, Bridge Officer and Kit Power balances. Universal ship console power balance overhaul for PVP Uses. And perhaps even new Gear..Making it so that there's a PVP map for the Fleet System.. I might stick around abit longer.. Though there are other things as well that I would like to see happen that aren't related to PVP it's self.

Long as they don't do something as bone headed and wrong that would completely alienate everyone who plays I don't see my self going anywhere for too long.
i don't agree that pvp needs to be fixed. 90% of sto players just need to L2P. i'll help! i want all of you that are struggling to get better! more pew pew for everyone!

instead of fixed, it needs expansion. some new maps would be nice, but its really the unique encounters you get between you and other players that makes pvp fun, regardless of what map your on. if your struggling though, you have 1 kind of encounter, they shoot you till you lose and you cant really do anything about it.

if that were to change, with enough people getting better and trying pvp, it would make business sense to develop pvp more. but i don't see any of that happening until npcs get a revamp so they behave more like player ships, relying on station powers more then thier bloated hitpoints. thats why the road to expanded pvp is so long. and i don't think the devs are even going to go down the right road in the first place. they may prefer a player base that just plainly sucks, that might generate more ship sales or something.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 26
08-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I can wait, because I mostly fulfill my pvp desires elsewhere.

The only thing that will get me engaged more with pvp in STO, would be compelling incentives. I want to have a reason to fight. I want to have a reason to improve. I want to have a reason to win.

If all they have in planning is a reputation based vendor instead of scenario based maps (defend the convoy against opposing player team etc) and tangible interactions with the PVE game (pve & pvp sector missions/events/rewards opened up by territory defence and offence victories) then pvp in STO will stay dead for me.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 27
08-12-2012, 05:23 PM
look a nova core fleet noob is posting. gtfo with ur nub fleet dude and learn some pvp skills. gatta love your p2w fleet that specs p2w consoles......
Empire Veteran
# 28
08-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
look a nova core fleet noob is posting. gtfo with ur nub fleet dude and learn some pvp skills. gatta love your p2w fleet that specs p2w consoles......
is that really necessary? sure going against them can be annoying sometimes, but you dont have to pvp them on the forum as well. ptw needs some skill behind it to get results other then annoyance. well except leach, and ams

but nova core, you you guys have a standing order to hunt me down? you don't always HAVE to shoot me with the exclusion of the rest of my team every time you see me, even though you know im puging and cant count on a single heal from my team. a tac cruiser can only hold off a whole team for so long by itself. k thank
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 29
08-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
is that really necessary? sure going against them can be annoying sometimes, but you dont have to pvp them on the forum as well. ptw needs some skill behind it to get results other then annoyance. well except leach, and ams

but nova core, you you guys have a standing order to hunt me down? you don't always HAVE to shoot me with the exclusion of the rest of my team every time you see me, even though you know im puging and cant count on a single heal from my team. a tac cruiser can only hold off a whole team for so long by itself. k thank
what skills do u need to use gp ams theta? a finger? no fleet should ever demand respect when they spam consoles just to win games.1 on 1 these guys will die like dogs with out consoles and as a team they will drop like flies with out consoles.
Empire Veteran
# 30
08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Really, BC on a Defiant?
If so many ***** about the BC being too much of an advantage on a BoP how the heck it not going to a bigger advantage on vessel with the speed, turn and high firepower of the Defiant?
Jeez!!!
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.