Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 61
08-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavairo View Post
I'm ponying up 60. This Friday. *chants to self* Friday Friday Friday.

Christ I think I'm going to spend the $ tonight. I've already covered my expenses for the month. It's all play money from here till the end of the month at this point...
Do it. Do it. Do it.

Do it!

If it's all play money...

Legendary, Legendary, Legendary!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Banned
# 62
08-13-2012, 01:08 PM
If any devs are reading this and wondering why your people are willing to spend money to get into a Beta for another game and not your game, I will give you a hint.

It involves your Bargain Bin Developer mentality. It involves peeing in your communitys face when time and time again they reached out to help you.

It involves hiring ignoramus rpers for a pvpers job.

It involves a company that has done the exact opposite tack that you guys have in terms of community feedback, attitude, and dedication.

Mostly it involves #1 and #3.

That 20 dollars you almost got from me? Kiss it good bye. Not even the promise of how sexy and powerful the Fleet Vorcha is for tacs got me to spend money on you again. And that money is going to be funneled to another game tonight.

Good luck with your uniform pips. You're going to need them when your asia launch fails miserably.

Last edited by mavairo; 08-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Lieutenant
# 63
08-13-2012, 01:24 PM
After watching a few vids MWO seems to the the first MMO where I have though "hmm I wonder if the Hammer and Anvil deployment would be viable considering the function of the classes."

For those wondering what I am talking about it requires a line of heavy troops (assault mechs in this case) pinning the opposition in frontal assaults. They aren't meant to chase only to deal damage and keep the enemy engaged and stuck in a position (the Anvil), with more mobile yet heavy units (medium mechs) flank around to the back and pound them enemy from the rear (the Hammer). The stuff like the catapult providing heavy arms support from the rear on the enemy with the light scout mechs skirmishing the foe and trying to draw them into the main line.

The reason I say this because if any MMO ever had a system where this tried and true military doctrine can work it epitomizes balance. Because without balance this form of close arms support can NEVER work in an MMO.

EDIT: And yes this makes me want to play the game so friggen badly right now to even see if this is viable.
Banned
# 64
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanelme View Post
After watching a few vids MWO seems to the the first MMO where I have though "hmm I wonder if the Hammer and Anvil deployment would be viable considering the function of the classes."

For those wondering what I am talking about it requires a line of heavy troops (assault mechs in this case) pinning the opposition in frontal assaults. They aren't meant to chase only to deal damage and keep the enemy engaged and stuck in a position (the Anvil), with more mobile yet heavy units (medium mechs) flank around to the back and pound them enemy from the rear (the Hammer). The stuff like the catapult providing heavy arms support from the rear on the enemy with the light scout mechs skirmishing the foe and trying to draw them into the main line.

The reason I say this because if any MMO ever had a system where this tried and true military doctrine can work it epitomizes balance. Because without balance this form of close arms support can NEVER work in an MMO.
I can safely tell you there are maps that this works devastatingly well on, if your opponents get drawn into it.
Lieutenant
# 65
08-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
I can safely tell you there are maps that this works devastatingly well on, if your opponents get drawn into it.

That right there just sold me on the game.
Captain
# 66
08-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanelme View Post

EDIT: And yes this makes me want to play the game so friggen badly right now to even see if this is viable.
The answer is yes to all of the above. Role warfare and strategy, are a big deal.

Get your c-bill on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Empire Veteran
# 67
08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Hmmmmmm, before this thread gets suddenly hidden...

Death from Above????

Possible? or too complex for a vidgame?
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Empire Veteran
# 68
08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
If any devs are reading this and wondering why your people are willing to spend money to get into a Beta for another game and not your game, I will give you a hint.

It involves your Bargain Bin Developer mentality. It involves peeing in your communitys face when time and time again they reached out to help you.

It involves hiring ignoramus rpers for a pvpers job.

It involves a company that has done the exact opposite tack that you guys have in terms of community feedback, attitude, and dedication.

Mostly it involves #1 and #3.

That 20 dollars you almost got from me? Kiss it good bye. Not even the promise of how sexy and powerful the Fleet Vorcha is for tacs got me to spend money on you again. And that money is going to be funneled to another game tonight.

Good luck with your uniform pips. You're going to need them when your asia launch fails miserably.
fleet vorcha is pretty damn cool, wish it was easier to slot EWP on it without giving up ether ET3 or A2S3 though. i think they have done a great deal of listening lately, at least borticus has and is putting in effort to fix issues we bring up, and whoever else works with him. of course if he was a veteran pvp'er he could do a better job, (thats why i applied to that systems position a few weeks ago) but in the mean time all we can do is try to give them good information without beating them over the head with it. to much negative from a certain group would make me not want to deal with that group.

he proboly has to twist some arms for them to give him the time to do those fixes and stuff, its generally low priority. shipped content usually is, just look at all the ship detail issues that have languished for years now. no body is asking for photo realistic quality, just a well shaped approximation.

that mech warrior game looks very well done, but ive never been particular into mechs like that. i am drawn to quality though and will proboly check it out. this is the only place to get a star trek fix, so im stuck here for the duration i think lol
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Banned
# 69
08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/372...the-forum-yet/

For those of you joining me, or for those that are already in MWO. Here, post up so we can group up and friends up.
Captain
# 70
08-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Hmmmmmm, before this thread gets suddenly hidden...

Death from Above????
A B S O T I V E L Y.

Nothing says loving like either delivering or watching your lancemate DFA some poor light.