Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 71
08-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
The answer is yes to all of the above. Role warfare and strategy, are a big deal.

Get your c-bill on.
Yeah it pretty much got settled with Mav's response. I will very soon be purchasing this game. I literally can't think of many MMO's that have accomplished balance like this. Teamplay sure, but role balance not so much, at least not in pvp. Because if role balance is a go then jesus the different military strategies that can be employed (and based on Mav terrain plays a role) makes the strategy involved for successful attacks and defense near infinite. And that is something very few MMO's have ever been able to pull off.
Captain
# 72
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanelme View Post
Yeah it pretty much got settled with Mav's response. I will very soon be purchasing this game. I literally can't think of many MMO's that have accomplished balance like this. Teamplay sure, but role balance not so much, at least not in pvp. Because if role balance is a go then jesus the different military strategies that can be employed (and based on Mav terrain plays a role) makes the strategy involved for successful attacks and defense near infinite. And that is something very few MMO's have ever been able to pull off.
The surface has barely been scratched.

Mech Warfare ? The embodiment of Mech to Mech combat.

Role Warfare ? The ability for player's to customize their experience to suit their own style of gameplay.

Community Warfare ? The ability to let the players take part in epic combat for territorial control.

Information Warfare ? Bring a new element to the battlefield that incorporates information technology to help control the fight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Banned
# 73
08-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Something else that's totally Hax.

Any mech on the battlefield can provide guys carrying LRMs and streak missiles with weapon locks.

For example my Catapult, which has been renamed the Firebird, uses her pair of flamers to lock down an atlas by forcing overheats. I press R, and suddenly you who are virtually across the map, can bombard him artillery style with missiles while I keep him locked down and peppered with my pulse laser and ac5 secondaries.

You can also totally retweak and repurpose your mechs for different battlefield roles. My aforementioned Catapult for example has a larger engine, flamers, and a bunch of short range weapons. She's a walking engine, and flame thrower. She just absolutely shuts down enemy mechs, or at least keeps them from firing safely. I built her as a Missile Lock Scout, as well as Heavy weight interceptor.

I have an Atlas I built for similar purposes. (though I'm going to strip the armor off of it, if I don't get my own beta invite after I buy in tonight)
Lieutenant
# 74
08-13-2012, 02:53 PM
and if anyone is wondering Demokitos would be me.
Banned
# 75
08-13-2012, 02:56 PM
I've added a couple of you peeps that posted in that thread to my friends list.

moar peeps!
Super Moderator
# 76
08-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Back to the original point of this thread...

I'll be here. No way am I shelling out money on a new game at this point (even though MWO sounds sweet) and especially not on a PvP-oriented game when I don't pew-pew all that well.

I can handle an optional $15/mo on C-Points for a game that fits my casual gamer lifestyle in a way that MWO won't.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Banned
# 77
08-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Back to the original point of this thread...

I'll be here. No way am I shelling out money on a new game at this point (even though MWO sounds sweet) and especially not on a PvP-oriented game when I don't pew-pew all that well.

I can handle an optional $15/mo on C-Points for a game that fits my casual gamer lifestyle in a way that MWO won't.
But you won't have to shell out cash at all for MWO.

I wanted a founders mech, and early access. That's why I paid

Also, I think you'd be better at mechwarrior than you think you would be. Movement takes some getting used to.
Captain
# 78
08-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
A B S O T I V E L Y.

Nothing says loving like either delivering or watching your lancemate DFA some poor light.
Aw man, thats old school.

...but pinnin the Atlas down while your lancemates arty him is awesome. Couldn't you tag the guy with NARC and call it a day ?

Ya, I know, where's the fun in that.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 79
08-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Is there a thread for MWO? I'd love to play with people from this community. I saw somebody named Major Fury last night and thought "Blackjack?"

Hammer and Anvil, yes. DFA, yes. And I'm pretty sure I can safely say that I think they got the feel (drop and leading) of ballistics really, really right. Gauss is satisfying.

Still... I kind of miss space... so any PvP revamp has a real chance to end my hiatus.
Lieutenant
# 80
08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Mav has a post and I see he went and got the $60 pack and selected House Marik. Prompted me to actually look more into it and see the Federated Suns was basically Germanic in styling and not the Greek/Neo-classical I am more fascinated by.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/372...45#entry808445

there is the post Mav made.