Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 21
08-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
To CRF, or not to CRF?

To constantly make use of CRF as much as possible, there's pretty much 2 ways of going about it.

A. Using DOFFs that lessen Cannon ability cooldowns.
B. Using multiple CRFs. Whether you do it with only 1 possible BOFF position like 1 LtCmdr TAC BOFF position (example: TT1, CRF1, CRF2), or two TAC BOFF positions in parallel (CRF2 x2 from 2 TAC BOFF slots, a LtCmdr and Cmdr positions together).

For most cruisers outside the Fleet Vor'Cha and Bortasqu Cruiser derivatives, you will not be able to use multiple CRF. Most cruisers can consider themselves even lucky to have a Lt TAC BOFF slot anywhere, and that would be their best one. On a ship like that, you would have to give up alot of DOFF spots if you want CRF going as much as possible. For me, I was very content to have CRF going only on critical, most opportune times when flying the standard Vor'Cha Retrofit from BGen. The Mirror Vor'Cha will not even let you put a single CRF1 anywhere.
Like someone else said above, you're a cruiser who can afford to take high ranks of DEM, you're wasted not going with something that does brutal damage with a respectable firing rate. I haven't had much of a problem managing with just one copy of C:RF (I used to fly the Excel after all and you only get one more on there) and if I really want to go troll mode I can just do a three-Technician Aux2Bat build and have exactly the same effect as two copies on one ship
Career Officer
# 22
08-15-2012, 07:26 AM
They are pretty amazing aren't they? Try just dual cannons with DEM they play very well together. You're not using CRF or CSV so stick with the duals.

Two torp spreads in pve. Scrap the rest. For blockade event ok two tac teams and two extends. On a fast ship like the vorcha it makes that easy mode.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 23
08-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
They are pretty amazing aren't they? Try just dual cannons with DEM they play very well together. You're not using CRF or CSV so stick with the duals.

Two torp spreads in pve. Scrap the rest. For blockade event ok two tac teams and two extends. On a fast ship like the vorcha it makes that easy mode.
Yeah, I think I'll just ditch TT (I just get it out of force of habit). I'm in a Vor'cha, nothing in PvE is going to put me under that much pressure and I can just clickety-click manually if shiz hits the fan.
Captain
# 24
08-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
"essentially inferior in most parts" Still waiting for the facts on that. Oh nevermind. We'll be waiting a long time. Because you don't have any.

Lets just toss any considerations of price out the window. That wasn't the question. You said the ship is essentially inferior. Not pricey.

Let's also toss aside the size of the crew. If you're REALLY considering that get a cruiser. Honestly don't be dense.

When you actually ever get IN a fleet Kt you see that compared to an identical Vorcha that it has 96% of the hull strength. Really? Are you really going to put on your game face and say....It may not be much, but it is enough for me? That's some funny ****. You would NEVER notice that in game play. And you KNOW you never would. Don't pretend otherwise. I bet you're great at poker.

Also as you are in those ships you would notice that the Kt has about 115% of the shields of the Vorcha. Seems significant to me. But not really game changing. Will I notice that my Kt has more shields than a Vorcha? In most circumstances probably not but sure they are there.

Turn rates and movement are overall so close that you couldn't tell the difference. No you couldn't and don't act like you can. The ships already are so skittish when under evasive and aux to ID that they zip around like rats on crack.

The Kt gets an extra console. If you don't know what that is for well that's something you need to work out.

If you have a problem with resources that also is something you need to work out.

If you have a problem with cryptic selling ships again guess what? You need to work that out.

So if you want some actually facts that you may notice when in the game, the two ships are almost the same. The Kt has slightly less hull and markedly more shields than the Vorcha. The Kt has one more science console.
I did point out the facts. It's right there in the Shipyard for anyone to see in the KDF.

Higher hull, higher shields in a BGen ship than a Tier 1 Fleet Ship. It is a tougher ship than the Fleet K'T'Inga. That is undeniable. It still mounts weapons just the same as the Fleet K'T'Inga. That is undeniable. The numbers are there for anyone to see.

And you're ranting against me for considering the Crew Size comparisons between two cruisers, and tell me to look at a Cruiser if I consider crew size important? Please re-read what you typed.

Also, the prices are inseparable. This is a game that the devs have tried anything and everything they can possibly try to do to squeeze money out of you. If one is spending hard-earned real life money in this game, then costs and what you get out of it does come to play. Even if you are strictly F2P, the costs of 200k Fleet Credits is nothing to sneeze at for many players. The cost of expending resources to attain the FSM to get the Fleet K'T'Inga on top of 20k Fleet Credits is nothing to sneeze at either. Do not try to hide from that. The Vor'Cha at BGen can do pretty much anything the Fleet K'T'Inga can do. And the latter is a premium ship that you expend quite alot for, whereas the BGen Vor'Cha can be attained for free upon reaching rank eligibility.

Also, I don't believe the Fleet K'T'Inga has superior shielding than the Vor'Cha. Again, shipyard numbers if one looks in game say I'm correct. Vor'Cha is 1. Fleet K'T'Inga, a premium ship that is a single-character purchase, is .94 shield mod. Again, the numbers are right there in the Shipyard info, in-game.

Also, you said:
"Turn rates and movement are overall so close that you couldn't tell the difference. No you couldn't and don't act like you can. The ships already are so skittish when under evasive and aux to ID that they zip around like rats on crack."

You know you're actually backing up my argument as to why the Vor'Cha is superior? I had readily acknowledged the great turn rate of the K'T'Inga, which is already superior to the Vor'Cha's wonderful turn rate. Now you're saying the difference isn't so much... so why pick the Fleet K'T'Inga, if not for it's greatest strength, the best turning cannon-capable cruiser in the game?

And you're never going to see me check for myself by flying the Fleet K'T'Inga. Because I think my standard Vor'Cha from BGen which I attained for free upon getting the rank does the job quite well, while still being sturdier.

With all the evidence available from in the game for anyone to see upon entry in the KDF, the numbers and values are there. The costs are there. And I am saying with a very, very straight and serious face, that though the K'T'Inga is decent ship, even the BGen Vor'Cha does the job just as well as well as being a tougher ship, and you are not being hosed by Cryptic by paying high costs for a ship that has questionable "superiority" to a BGen one.
Captain
# 25
08-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Like someone else said above, you're a cruiser who can afford to take high ranks of DEM, you're wasted not going with something that does brutal damage with a respectable firing rate. I haven't had much of a problem managing with just one copy of C:RF (I used to fly the Excel after all and you only get one more on there) and if I really want to go troll mode I can just do a three-Technician Aux2Bat build and have exactly the same effect as two copies on one ship
Just laying out options bro, and thanks for showing more.
Captain
# 26
08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Just laying out options bro, and thanks for showing more.
I actually sort of half misread your post so I apologize! All the stuff I said still stands on its own though, I promise.