Survivor of Romulus
# 31
08-14-2012, 02:30 AM
While we are arguing about specific ships now.

The Original point of Weapons working like they did in the show would be a fantastic visual upgrade for the game.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 32
08-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
im not making up anything. thats how phasers work, it is backed up in the tng technical manual made by the makers of star trek, and the glow effect you see on tv before arrays fire. they are the most canon thing next to the tv show because they were made by the staff of the show.

tng technical manual, see for yourself

http://www.paragonsigma.com/tempuplo...82%20Pages.pdf

page 123. if you need further explanation i can provide it.
Some of the stuff in the manual, contradict what happened in the the show. Look at the picture of the Enterprise Firing on the Borg Cube with all forward weapons. The ship was not separated while doing so. The picture is not lying. Like the manual says the Galaxy has 10 phaser arrays, when visuals show 12. I hope you read that whole page I sent you. Sometime manuals don't stay up to date with whats been going on in the show, even though I wish they did.
Empire Veteran
# 33
08-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Some of the stuff in the manual, contradict what happened in the the show. Look at the picture of the Enterprise Firing on the Borg Cube with all forward weapons. The ship was not separated while doing so. The picture is not lying. Like the manual says the Galaxy has 10 phaser arrays, when visuals show 12. I hope you read that whole page I sent you. Sometime manuals don't stay up to date with whats been going on in the show, even though I wish they did.
theres nothing on that page i didn't already know. if some one didn't get the count right, they had a moment of nerd weakness, who cares. i really don't understand why your so stuck on this 'forward weapons' concept, any ship with phaser arrays dont necessarily have forward weapons. an array can fire at anything it has line of sight with, and when it's target is a ~3000m x ~3000m face, a whole lot of arrays have line of sight to it. a huge romulan warbird would have been to small for those arrays at the bottom of the pylons to have line of sight with it head on. besides, whats the point of firing your 50 cal at another ship when your already shooting them with your 16 inch guns? those small arrays are irreverent for damage dealing to ships comparable to the galaxy.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 34
08-15-2012, 03:45 AM
The point is in this game is that the foward arcs are not firing correctly. They are firing all beams out of one area and alot of the forward facing arrays aren't being used. When the ships face on either side they do fire from differrent arrays. Thats why i'm stuck on complaining about the forward.