Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Career Officer
Recently I got a wild hair and decided that I really want to fly a science ship. Who doesn't experience just a little Gravity Well envy when three to 4 gravity wells jump out and murder whole mobs?

However, I wanted to be different. Knowing that Tyken's Rift was comprable, I bought the very rare gravimetric officer and a fleet deep space science vessel and...., well it's console time.

I could swear that Tyken's used to be linked to Graviton Generators, Flow Capacitors, Particle Generators and Aux power levels. Is this still the case? More importantly, do graviton generators play a part in Tyken's Rift?
Republic Veteran
# 2
08-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robuille View Post
Recently I got a wild hair and decided that I really want to fly a science ship. Who doesn't experience just a little Gravity Well envy when three to 4 gravity wells jump out and murder whole mobs?

However, I wanted to be different. Knowing that Tyken's Rift was comprable, I bought the very rare gravimetric officer and a fleet deep space science vessel and...., well it's console time.

I could swear that Tyken's used to be linked to Graviton Generators, Flow Capacitors, Particle Generators and Aux power levels. Is this still the case? More importantly, do graviton generators play a part in Tyken's Rift?
I think all is right but the graviton generators...because it has no pull at all.
Captain
# 3
08-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Just of the top of my head, I'd agree with lianthelia. I don't see anything on Tyken that Graviton generators could enhance.

Tyken is (a lot) affected by aux power levels, not a surprise. It drains energy, so Flow capacitors. It deals a small amount of kinetic damage close to its center (like a mini-gravity well), so Particle generators. That seems to be it.

Unless of course, the Graviton gens enhance the radius of power draining and other effects, somehow...

EDIT: Can't find any proof for the latest hypothesis. At least the other three are clear and simple.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 08-12-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-13-2012, 01:30 AM
I went to STO Academy.

Got a Sci ship, put Tryken's Rift on a Commander slot and looked at what skills it says enhance it.

Flow Capacitors and Particle Generators.

Like 99% of Sci skills Aux helps too.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 5 Many thanks
08-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Thank you guys. That cleared things up a bit. So glad I didn't equip those Mk XII very rare graviton generators before I checked back on this post. The EC I could have lost...,

So instead I sold them and bought the +30 Flow Caps and at the very least PvE..., well it shuts down all ships instantly. Shields down and they park. Of course I slotted 5 of those flow caps exclusively so the tyken's fulfills its primary function. Took it out to Ker'rat too..., doesn't do so hot unless I'm working with a crew to support me though. I can turn players off like a light switch for the duration of the rift..., but then I don't really have the dps or infinite tanking to back it up. It works beautifully but after the Rift is over it's like I'm a midget who poked an angry giant in the eye.

But thanks again guys. My Tyken's works beautifully now.

Last edited by robuille; 08-13-2012 at 06:23 AM.