Empire Veteran
Let us put the whole "The Odyssey is crap! It sucks at PvE! It sucks at PvP! It is a useless ship for all that money! It turns too slow to do anything and cannot deal damage!" stuff to rest once and for all.

To all those who say those sort of things: The problem is with you and(or) your setup not with the Odyssey. Those of us who really know what the Odyssey does and how to use it already are well aware of how awesome a ship this is and what an amazing job Cryptic did bringing us a TRUE flagship.

So without further adieu video evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jecJV...ature=youtu.be
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-13-2012, 03:52 AM
Cool video very much enjoyed it
Career Officer
# 3
08-13-2012, 04:35 AM
People make fun of it's ability to dps, not it's ability to take a hit.

Also this video was obviously fake, there is a UFO in it and everything..
You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-13-2012, 04:44 AM
The Odyssey is a very nice ship, but then again, any cruiser is. And its dps is fine in anything other than PvP maybe, if you know how to set it up.
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.
Career Officer
# 5
08-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Nothing wrong with the Odyssey - great ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 08-13-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Captain
# 6
08-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Ah..the ugly Obessey class...
Career Officer
# 7
08-13-2012, 05:11 AM
I've only ever encountered 'bad mouthing' of ships by people who want them to be amazing at everything (or who lack the ship).

I do find it hard sometimes to blame the player though, given how STO's leveling content wraps us so thoroughly in cotton wool. Players are not prepared to deal with situations in which they need to critically think about overcoming the threat. Unfortunately many don't bother to relearn the game at this stage.

Its not an 'Odyssey problem'.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 8
08-13-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
Let us put the whole "The Odyssey is crap! It sucks at PvE! It sucks at PvP! It is a useless ship for all that money! It turns too slow to do anything and cannot deal damage!" stuff to rest once and for all.

To all those who say those sort of things: The problem is with you and(or) your setup not with the Odyssey. Those of us who really know what the Odyssey does and how to use it already are well aware of how awesome a ship this is and what an amazing job Cryptic did bringing us a TRUE flagship.

So without further adieu video evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jecJV...ature=youtu.be
The Odyssey is a fantastic ship that has the sad distinction of having attracted a large number of bad players. Players who thought 'Flagship = I win button'.

It's a shame, because the Odyssey appears to do great things in the hands of a decent player. Unfortunately, by the same token, I've seen quite a few badly set-up explode-boats that fired horrible rainbows everywhere and seemed to enjoy spending time in respawn oblivion.

It's probably the aforementioned players who badmouth it.

Besides, the Regent class will soon take it's place. Mark my words, it won't be long before we 'hear' crying about the Regent's turn rate/lack of DPS etc etc from players who both want an 'I win' console and are ignorant of the fact that their setup is the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 9
08-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Nice fight and you did rather well considering.

That said, that vid pretty much proved how useless it is in regards to DPS. Of the three ships you were fighting, only one had a tact team and he was also the only one who didn't die(Incognito, who I'm sure I've fought before). Your first kill didn't even use a single shield buff the entirety of the time you were shooting at him. Also you appeared to have trouble whenever anyone got behind you (something Incognito seemed to realise).

Hmm, if you're up for it I'd like to test out my eng/armitage(no pets) against you.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse

Last edited by orondis; 08-13-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Ensign
# 10
08-13-2012, 06:15 AM
I fly an Oddy as well. Think they are awesome ships. As healers/tanks they are awesome. That said, dps will never be our strong suit. Also, since its been mentioned, Ive gone one on one with a fleetmate in a properly specced armitage, pets and all.

The Oddy properly specced can tank the armitage very well. I'm poor at pvp, and even I held off my determined fleetmate for upwards of ten minutes until he finally won by over coming my heals slowly over time.

He then switched to a defiant and tried alpha striking from cloak. I could tank his worse and he had to scoot out before my disruptors ate into his Hull past 40%.

She's a great ship, but as its been said, she gets a bad name from the crap players that think a flagship will make them super invincible.