Career Officer
# 21
08-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Is it just me, or is the TOS interior they showcased in this blog not actually available in the Foundry? I went through the list of available maps and could not find it.
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Career Officer
# 22
08-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
Is it just me, or is the TOS interior they showcased in this blog not actually available in the Foundry? I went through the list of available maps and could not find it.
There's bugs in it so they took it out. Check tribble?

Last edited by zorbane; 08-13-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Captain
# 23
08-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewzz View Post
Serious question, does anyone actually play these Foundry missions, i mean honestly? i dont know one person in our Fleet or past Fleets that likes them? or is it that you guys like to make the actual missions?
I play them every day. I even have 1 alt that only does them: I've been leveling him from 1 to VA only doing Foundry Missions- it's much slower then the standard Missions.

There are some incredibly good Missions in the Foundry. If nothing else you should play through the weekly Spotlight Missions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
08-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I've find Foundry overly complex and time consuming to spend valuable playtime on; not very intuitive and generally 'clunky' to use. Hopefully it get streamlined so make the process of creating content less painful. Some premade mini-missions that you chain together for a story where you can change a couple of element would be an excellent start. Authors can then add complexity as needed.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Banned
# 25
08-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Serious question, does anyone actually play these Foundry missions, i mean honestly? i dont know one person in our Fleet or past Fleets that likes them? or is it that you guys like to make the actual missions?
Until they attach meaningful rewards(that actually scale based on mission length) to foundry missions, most people arent going to bother taking the time to play them when they can get better rewards in a shorter amount of time from other missions.

Last edited by th3fer3ngifi3nd; 08-13-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
08-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Just look at the number of playthru's and get the answer yourself. And no, most of those aren't 3-clicks and your done missions.

And these missions are played without any real rewards from them- in fact in many cases people give tips and actually lose more than they gain.

The Foundry is like any other function of STO like Fleets, PVP, STF's, Doff system, and Crafting. I don't know anyone that plays every one of those things. People play the ones they like. Frankly it's awesome that they give people so many choices.

The truth is most people hate on the Foundry cause they think it's the reason that STO isn't making new story-line missions.
In fact, from what they write, season 6 is the main reason for the mission drought and season 6 was all about fleets. Fleets are the reason for no new storyline missions. But season 7 seems to be their answer to that which will have storyline missions.
Career Officer
# 27
08-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I like the idea of the Foundry, but until they improve some features it's pretty pointless. I want to be able to remove NPC's. You talk to a guy and then he beams out. Why can't I do that?
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
08-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
I like the idea of the Foundry, but until they improve some features it's pretty pointless. I want to be able to remove NPC's. You talk to a guy and then he beams out. Why can't I do that?
That is a big requests that most authors ask for. The work around for that is annoying at best and impossible in some cases based on map design.
Hopefully this is one they can add in soon.
Commander
# 29
08-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
The truth is most people hate on the Foundry cause they think it's the reason that STO isn't making new story-line missions.
In fact, from what they write, season 6 is the main reason for the mission drought and season 6 was all about fleets. Fleets are the reason for no new storyline missions. But season 7 seems to be their answer to that which will have storyline missions.
what....?

no. the truth is the switchover from subscription to free to play was responsible for the drought. as for lack of story missions, that has ALWAYS been an issue with this game. nobody is blaming the foundry for it. season 6 had nothing to do with it. and nobody said anything about there being so much as a single storyline *mission* for season 7. they went out of their way to use the term 'story content' and said nothing about the form that content would take. so don't assume we're getting missions any time soon that are related to the story
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
08-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
what....?

no. the truth is the switchover from subscription to free to play was responsible for the drought. as for lack of story missions, that has ALWAYS been an issue with this game. nobody is blaming the foundry for it. season 6 had nothing to do with it. and nobody said anything about there being so much as a single storyline *mission* for season 7. they went out of their way to use the term 'story content' and said nothing about the form that content would take. so don't assume we're getting missions any time soon that are related to the story
I can see truth in that. Reading through the forums though I've seen several posts of people blaming Foundry for the drought. That's why I mentioned it that way. I do agree with what you said though.