Lieutenant
# 1 Science and DPS
08-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Hey guys, what combo of weapons would be best for max damage?

some people say cannons, some say beams...im not sure about anything now...
it is weird because i can kill in pvp easy but pve damage is low i think

im using 4x antiproton beams, 1x forward quantum torp and mines aft, thats good?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm gonna go somewhere else and say.... Torpedoes... they don't need weapon power, so you can keep your aux at high power.
Commander
# 3
08-13-2012, 02:55 PM
your torpedo only fires only if you fight from front then your back weapons dont deal any dmg coz not in range, your mines only hit somethink if anythink is exactly 1 km behind you so 95% of any fight they will only look nice.....

if you think little bit logical you will find out how you can deal dps/good dps and that always.
Commander
# 4
08-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Would you mind telling us the ship you have? That helps us with setting up what is good. Thanks!
Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I believe the conventional wisdom for sci ships is either 3x DBB fore, 3x turrets aft, or 6x beam banks. For the PVE damage chase DHC fore/turrets rear are unquestionably the best, but you need to make sure your ship is nimble enough to keep the guns pointed on your target. This may require one or more RCS consoles or Boff powers like APO or Aux to Damp.

Another option to consider is simply a different ship for PVE. A Sciscort can be very powerful. You'd just need to get someone to train you in the right Comm./Lt. Comm. boff powers.
Captain
# 6
08-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fratar View Post
Hey guys, what combo of weapons would be best for max damage?
pve damage is low i think

Depends on your ship and what you're fighting.

You specified "Science", so I'm guessing that's your ship rather than your Captain type...? Generally in a Science Vessel, the maximum DPS you can push in endgame PVE (STFs and to a lesser extent, Fleet Actions) is going to be using a fairly Torpedo-heavy setup.

Personally, I'm quite fond of a DBB/Quantum/Quantum fore and 3x Turrets Rear. Disruptors for preference, plus 2x Projectile Weapon DOFFs for the Torps, and a Conn Officer to free up your 2nd Tac BOFF powerslot for something other than Tac Team (APB's always good). You can also supplement your weapon damage with Sci abilities like Gravity Well 3 or PSW3 (though note that the latter is due to be nerfed pretty shortly)

Your other option is the 5x or 6x Beam layout for Broadsiding... but honestly, it's a bit sub-par for PVE. Sci ships have a decent enough turn rate to always keep things in their forward arcs.

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Captain
# 7
08-13-2012, 04:31 PM
for STFs I got a two torpedo plus dual beam with turrets setup, that deals around 3800 dps. not a lot, but I think it is fine (for STFs, with the CC abilities it is)
Lieutenant
# 8
08-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Well im not going directly for only pve/pvp id like to do both so i took energy weapon talents.

My ship i LRSVR - intrepid that is ofc.
Atm im 4x beams and its alright in pvp but not in PvE, I also had 2torps and DBB and 3turrets but i dont think thats a lot :/

well thats why im here right
Captain
# 9
08-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fratar View Post
Well im not going directly for only pve/pvp id like to do both so i took energy weapon talents.

My ship i LRSVR - intrepid that is ofc.
Atm im 4x beams and its alright in pvp but not in PvE, I also had 2torps and DBB and 3turrets but i dont think thats a lot :/

well thats why im here right
for the 2 torp dbb turret setup you need projectile duty officers (three blue ones make sure that photon torpedos shoot forever, purple ones make sure quantums never stop), and a skillset for it