Career Officer
# 21
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Who wants to play in an Ambassador, anyway? Heck, it couldn't even defeat 4 Romulan Warbirds.
I do!

/10char
Captain
# 22
08-13-2012, 05:45 PM
I sure will buy one. This is one of my top favorite Fed ships. You will see me move right on in on this ship. And it will be my main ship you will see me in.
Commander
# 23 Unacceptable !!!
08-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
The game can wait. It's not like adding another cruiser to the game anytime soon is going to drastically offset the delicate statistical balance between what exists now. They all tank and do middle of the road DPS, like they're suppose to.
Well, we know the U-G-L-Y and once deemed "impossible" is about to happen before our very eyes....The Vesta is coming before the Ambassador!...Now, c'mon! WTF???

"But Stahl did confirm that the game will be seeing the Vesta-class ship in game, maybe as soon as Season Seven".

The Vesta looks like an uglier version of the Star Cruiser AND its from a freakin' NOVEL! C'mon Devs...get with the program! If I actually WANTED a Vesta, they would not make it just because!. Please stop this BS and just bring the Ambassador into the game.

Lemme guess...did Stahl cough when he said Season 7?...He really meant Season 7 {cough, cough}, 7. (Season 77) for Ambassador. That will be their next lame aZZ excuse.

Last edited by paragon92518; 08-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Captain
# 24
08-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
Well, we know the U-G-L-Y and once deemed "impossible" is about to happen before our very eyes....The Vesta is coming before the Ambassador!...Now, c'mon! WTF???

"But Stahl did confirm that the game will be seeing the Vesta-class ship in game, maybe as soon as Season Seven".

The Vesta looks like an uglier version of the Star Cruiser AND its from a freakin' NOVEL! C'mon Devs...get with the program! If I actually WANTED a Vesta, they would not make it just because!. Please stop this BS and just bring the Ambassador into the game.

Lemme guess...did Stahl cough when he said Season 7?...He really meant Season 7 {cough, cough}, 7. (Season 77) for Ambassador. That will be their next lame aZZ excuse.
Last I heard the Vesta might end up being a Science Vessel, not a Cruiser.

Also, talking about how "ugly" something might be is really subjective to the individual. Some people think the Mona Lisa is a great work of art. Other people see it as a pic of a chubby chick with an odd grin.
Commander
# 25
08-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Last I heard the Vesta might end up being a Science Vessel, not a Cruiser.

Also, talking about how "ugly" something might be is really subjective to the individual. Some people think the Mona Lisa is a great work of art. Other people see it as a pic of a chubby chick with an odd grin.
The Vesta does look a lot like a Star Cruiser (at least to me). I do think its sort of a travesty though. A ship from a NOVEL is coming before a starship actually that was a canon ship, was seen on-screen, and was an Enterprise.

What percentage of Trek fans read Trek novels as opposed to having ever watched TNG / DS9? There must be a healthy amount of players that haven't read Trek novels and don't know what the Vesta even is...but its coming first!

Last edited by paragon92518; 08-13-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Captain
# 26
08-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
The Vesta does look a lot like a Star Cruiser (at least to me). I do think its sort of a travesty though. A ship from a NOVEL is coming before a starship actually that was a canon ship, was seen on-screen, and was an Enterprise.
We don't know when either ship is coming. The Ambassador could be in next Thursday's patch while the Vesta could be in Season 7.
Commander
# 27 hmmm?
08-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
We don't know when either ship is coming. The Ambassador could be in next Thursday's patch while the Vesta could be in Season 7.
Who can I pay off to make sure that happens and is a blank check OK?
Captain
# 28
08-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:

What percentage of Trek fans read Trek novels as opposed to having ever watched TNG / DS9? There must be a healthy amount of players that haven't read Trek novels and don't know what the Vesta even is...but its coming first!
Exhibit A: The Vesta is going to be a Sci Vessel that can equip cannons.

Exhibit B: Most of the Vesta's fans, haven't even read the Novels. They just like the ship.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 29
08-13-2012, 10:01 PM
The Vesta was pretty prominent in one of the Ships-of-the-Line calendars...

They sell quite well and may actually be the source of many of it's fans original connection to it.

I know it was the first place I came across it before reading the novel.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
08-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:

LOL just LOL

you DO realise that your 'travesty' has been in place since the launch of the damn game ?
the Luna class is from the same line of novels mate
As for the vesta being ugly , sure , some may see it that way , and thats your / their opinion

the only reason the vesta may be coming first , is because that ship will just be a general release , like the upcoming regent , like the armitage was like the bellaraphon was etc etc etc

they have something special planned for the Ambassador , and it'll feature heavily in a new FE
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016