Rihannsu
# 31
08-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Just leaving a note for CaptainGeko. When the ambassador does come out I would like its boff slots to be CM eng. LTCM Sci. LT eng. LT Tac. Ens Tac. Thank you very much I know you who did the excelsior can see my 'canon' reasons behind this set up. you're a good man when you're not mad at everybody. Have a nice day.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
08-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Just leaving a note for CaptainGeko. When the ambassador does come out I would like its boff slots to be CM eng. LTCM Sci. LT eng. LT Tac. Ens Tac. Thank you very much I know you who did the excelsior can see my 'canon' reasons behind this set up. you're a good man when you're not mad at everybody. Have a nice day.
That'd work really nice , and be a good counterpart to the excelsior
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 33
08-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
If anything, that setup should go to Galaxy... but since Cryptic hates Galaxy Class, I wouldn't be surprised if all cruisers had better setup.
Rihannsu
# 34
08-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
If anything, that setup should go to Galaxy... but since Cryptic hates Galaxy Class, I wouldn't be surprised if all cruisers had better setup.
Don't question your fleet leader. I know what I'm doin. Lmao.
Commander
# 35
08-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Last thing we need is more Cruisers, tbh.

If they add teh Ambassador, why not as a Skin for the Excelsior or Galaxy?
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
08-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Because it's not the same size and starship generation as either.
Lieutenant
# 37
08-14-2012, 04:45 AM
The ambassador should have been in sooner. Yes, I completely agree, but trying to fit in new ships further down the line just gets increasing more difficult. There are more issues like ship uniqueness and balancing to be concerned about now at this point in the game than there were two years ago. I'd rather Cryptic take some time to get canon ships right than lump them in haphazardly as a reskin or another cookie cutter cruiser.

Or.. maybe.... we could get some more original ships ;3.

The Klingons are in need. :3
Career Officer
# 38
08-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
An Ambassador is in all of 5 episodes of Trek: 4 episodes of TNG and 1 episode of DS9 - total screen time not even 10 minutes. An NX is in 98 episodes. I don't see how it would be ludicrous.
Total screentime not even 10 minutes...what?
Totally arbitrary number anyone?
Besides, what about the Nova?
The Prometheus?
The Olympic?
The Galaxy-X?
All appeared in even less episodes that the Ambassador class.
If you wanna throw arbitrary criteria for why ship x is ludicrous, why not pick something that's not countered by the fact that there are ships that don't fit those criteria aready in this game?
Oh BTW, "Yesterday's Enterprise" was in the "TNG Viewer's Choice Marathon" back in '94 which featured the 5 most popular episodes from that show.
Captain
# 39
08-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
If you wanna throw arbitrary criteria for why ship x is ludicrous, why not pick something that's not countered by the fact that there are ships that don't fit those criteria aready in this game?
I stand by my criteria - at least as far as the original post goes. The NX was in 98 episodes and was a real part of the series: and the first warp Enterprise. The Ambassador was in a handful of episodes. I'm not arguing the Ambassador shouldn't be in the game - it's one of my favorite ships! I'm simply saying you can't say having an Ambassador in the game is more important then having the NX. I mean heck, there's more episodes with an NX then there are with a Connie.
Republic Veteran
# 40
08-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
It's not so much.. "making do", as it seems kinda-sorta stupid that an Official Version of the Enterprise is taking so long to get in-game...

When we have received so many Other ships of lesser fame and popularity.
Lesser fame and popularity? I don't know if I would say there is any. Only one with less screen time is maybe the Enterprise B...but its also a Excelsior class vessel which is a very known and perhaps popular vessel.

Like someone on the first page said there was hardly ever any Ambassador class ever seen in the shows. Every single class of ship that the Enterprise was had more screen time.