Captain
# 11
08-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueeenterprise View Post
KF, when you changed relative to geometry, did you have your platform still set relative to zero, with the NPCs set relative to geometry? if so, what values were you setting for each? NPCs set to +1 over the platform?
Yes, platforms were still set to absolute. The value of the y may have been more than 1, since I was experimenting with all kinds of y values. I just know that I couldn't find my npc, and when I switched to y relative to geo, she was suddenly there.

I'm afraid to mess with anything.

But now that I'm playtesting my maps, stuff that showed up isn't showing up on a publish. I had a spider below a console that worked on preview and he is missing on the publish.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
08-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I can confirm that, as I was helping Kirkfat test his mission. My guess would be it might be spawning on the roof or falling through the floor. I was having trouble with npcs spawning on the roof of a custom-build (months before season 6). I had a map built on a platform high above a ground map, with another platform for a ceiling. I had several "rooms" and most of the npcs spawned fine, but in one, a bunch kept disappearing after I put the ceiling on. Finally said the heck with it and got rid of those ones.

KF, I would honestly just replace that npc with an interact object and then pop-up dialogue. Less chance of bugging that way.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 13
08-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Absolute coordinates aren't working for your NPCs? Shouldn't those be the actual xyz location of the object on the map?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 14
08-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I can confirm that, as I was helping Kirkfat test his mission. My guess would be it might be spawning on the roof or falling through the floor. I was having trouble with npcs spawning on the roof of a custom-build (months before season 6). I had a map built on a platform high above a ground map, with another platform for a ceiling. I had several "rooms" and most of the npcs spawned fine, but in one, a bunch kept disappearing after I put the ceiling on. Finally said the heck with it and got rid of those ones.

KF, I would honestly just replace that npc with an interact object and then pop-up dialogue. Less chance of bugging that way.
Well, it's a puzzle dialogue so it's going to be a pain to port to a dialog with an interact. I'll have to do it though, unless switching the hidden spider to y relative to geo fixes, but I guess it's a better choice, since I hated the "Talk to Computer" interact that I'm stuck with when using a hidden spider under a console.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
08-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Well if we had gotten the "talk to object" objective it wouldn't be a problem... but somebody had to complain about the inability to put an animation with it Just kidding, workarounds are what we do. Ain't nothin gonna change that.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 16
08-18-2012, 01:54 AM
I am having similar problems except instead of platforms its walls.

Here is a screenshot of my boff stuck in a wall http://imgur.com/znDIP

They wouldn't always get stuck, sometimes they'd walk right through and out the other side.

This would not occur to the player character.

I noticed that this occurred in places where I had objects overlapping (in this case walls or the wall with door) so I suspect this may be the cause. It may be the same problem with the boffs and npcs falling down where platforms were placed and intersected. It also only happened after I published, don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Project Name: Duritanium Man - Pre Alpha
Project ID: ST-HSMJTB692