Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
I am very frustrated with the exchange, and in in game chat, it seems like everyone just expects it to not work properly.

Basically, lots of things that are listed don't show, even if you're nowhere near the 400 item limit.

What gives? And why do things show differently if you search for them on All Quality vs. Their Specific Quality. For example, mystery lock boxes. Search for them on all quality, you get them starting about 25k. Search for them on blue, they show about 50k (yesterday).

Today, Tactical Plasma infuser. Search for them on all quantity, a bunch show up including blues. Search for them on blue quality, NONE show up! Maddening that you have to check both ways to look for a deal because they won't populate in searches that they should!
Captain
# 2
07-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trillambassador View Post
What gives? And why do things show differently if you search for them on All Quality vs. Their Specific Quality. For example, mystery lock boxes. Search for them on all quality, you get them starting about 25k. Search for them on blue, they show about 50k (yesterday).
That issue has been around for about 5 or 6 months now. The problem has just gotten worse. Now you have to use the drop down and the category to find items. Previously it was just recommended.

There's a couple lengthy threads on the subject but giving links appears to offend folks around here. Suggesting that you search for exchange also seems to offend other players.

But no, there wasn;t anything in the latest patch notes about the problem either.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2012, 07:12 AM
good question
Ensign
# 4
07-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
snip
Thanks for answering. Would you mind PMing? It is often easier to search for something you're familiar with than something you're not, which is why the "F YOU SEARCH!" responses are not very community building (thanks for not giving it to me!)!
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-26-2012, 08:11 AM
The exchange doesn't need to be fixed. It needs a complete revamp :
- Looking for doffs is a hell. You have basically zero filter on such a complex issue. Seducive atrometric klinks scientists can be sorted below honorable andorians or thelepatic betazoids, without any loigic, and so on. Don't ask me why, it's beyond my understanding.
- Looking for big stacks of commodities is a hell. You can't do such a thing because you can only see the 400 first items and because you can't look for a specific amount of commodities. This is a hell for buyers but for sellers too since we can post only 40 items at the same time.

The game has a lot of different items. The exchange is very limited. Hopefully it will be improved as soon as possible, since it's now used to make money (tradeable stuff you can buy from the c-store).

In the meantime, there are poor workarounds. You should look under specific categories, just enter a part of the name of what you want and look into categories. Be smart though, think to the primary use of a given item. eg : phaser turrets are ship devices.

Last edited by diogene0; 07-26-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Captain
# 6
07-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
- Looking for big stacks of commodities is a hell. You can't do such a thing because you can only see the 400 first items and because you can't look for a specific amount of commodities. This is a hell for buyers but for sellers too since we can post only 40 items at the same time.
They fixed that weeks ago. Look at the first drop down when the game comes back up. You have a number of different sort options now. The last one on the list (I forget what the label is) is a reversed sort for stacks. Starts with the largest stack and goes down.

Hope this helps. I didn;t realize it either until I found it by mistake.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 7
07-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks mikewendell.

Everything I'm listing is showing, for the most part. I'm just still seeing different results when I filter in ways that should show items both ways.

Maddening.
Captain
# 8
07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
I know the feeling, I've tried selling the same 50+ same things for the past couple of months.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9 broken Exchange and Mail
07-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi Sir,

Cryptic please make Exchange and Mail asap !!!

Allfather
Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
Career Officer
# 10
07-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Since we are talking about the broken exchange, is no one bothered by the scroll bars anymore? I absolutely hate having to scroll on every page to see all items, no matter how I re-size the window or how I adjust my search.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor