Ensign
Every time I start loading the game, i receive a fatal error message after login.

---------------------------
Fatal Error
Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long
OK

This happens after the game begins to load and after 1 minute I receive the above error.

I know someone was having this issue in January, but they never said if they fixed it. Any thoughts?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-14-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm getting the same issue. The normal login launcher process wont even get past the trying to update the launcher and when I go in to the game files and load the game manually it gives me that error.

I've tried disabling my firewall completely but still nothing.

All I want to do is waste some time playing a game lol

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran

Last edited by averydd; 08-14-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Ensign
# 3
08-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Hey, if anyone else has this issue. My buddy suggested I go to 'options' on the log in screen and check 'fast start' and I haven't had any issues since then.

-Options
-Fast Start
Ensign
# 4
10-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm having the same problem and i did whit you said and it did not work i'm still getting the same Fatal error i need help
Ensign
# 5
10-06-2012, 09:48 PM
I started getting this error was playing the game fine in the morning after lunch I try to play and get this error. Have tried fresh install fast load.

Please help
Ensign
# 6
10-20-2012, 08:02 AM
I fixed this problem by simply removing McAffee software from my laptop. Been meaning to do that since McAffee and Norton both truly suck and don't do nearly as good as a job as they claim. Never have never will. Removing it and restarting laptop fixed the initial issue, then when i started game and the cryptic loading screen came up it actually had the loading bar again finally. But then got a DX error so installing that again. Fixing to try the game again, will let you know in a min.

Ok, all is working fine now. Basically what i did to fix this was:
1. Removed McAffee software
2. Reinstalled DirectX as that was the next error that came up
3. Game runs fine now.