Rihannsu
there should be an item in the Zen store that is worth at least 50Zen which can Un-Bind-To-Character an item and maybe put it in a box like the ship boxes and can be transfered through many ways to other characters. It would be awesome for those of us that have items we need to move to newer toons or older toons.

50Zen is my bet since item transferring shouldn't cost any more zen.

THOUGHTS?
Career Officer
# 2
08-13-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd be happy if They would just let us re-package the Lock-box Ships...

I accidentally/stupidly opened my D'Kora (which I was saving for a new Ferengi toon) by mistake, when I thought I was opening my Mirror Universe Cruiser.

I just want to be able to re-package it to an Account Bound Status, so I can actually use it the way I intended.

I'd pay just about any reasonable amount in Dilithium or Zen...

(Reasonable in my mind is anything equal/below $10 USD)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 08-13-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-13-2012, 09:22 PM
i would be so happy to repack my dkora i would even pay zen to repack it to account bound
Rihannsu
# 4
08-14-2012, 09:35 AM
good. I wish more people would be open minded and see this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-14-2012, 09:42 AM
I'd pay to repack ships, but only if the unbinding was back to where I could sell it.

For me, if I don't like the ship on one of my toons, I probably won't like it on any others.

Only problem I see with this is you will still need to have all of the original equipment that came on the lockbox ship. Otherwise, the poor buyer would never know what they are going to end up with, other than the ship itself.
Captain
# 6
08-14-2012, 09:44 AM
An unbind tool would be a seller in the C-Store, I would have no qualms buying packs of those since I know what I would be buying as opposed to spending money on a roll of the dice for lock boxes.
I was considering buying a shared bank account until I saw that everything I would want to use it for is now bound to character, the result being I have no need of a shared account, so I won't be buying one.
Career Officer
# 7
08-26-2012, 08:16 AM
This has my vote, ideally I would really like to see the ultra-rare ships to be an account wide unlock. But I would be happy with an unbind token (ship still bound to account) or such so I can send the ship to my other toons.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-26-2012, 08:33 AM
We have often talked about an unbinding service in our fleet, there are many MMOs that offer this service and it would be a welcome add-on to the game IMO.

It would greatly benefit many players that like to run as merchants in the game. They could add it to the Tuffli or D'kora ships, so that only people with them could access the ability or invite people onto the ship to use the ability. At a price of course Mawhahaha, ah the Ferengi in me.
Community Moderator
# 9
08-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Or they could just charge 50k Dilithium for an unbinding. That way anybody could achieve it for a beloved item either by playing the game for a few days or spending some Zen, but it wouldn't be frequent enough to flood the market.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 10
08-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Or they could just charge 50k Dilithium for an unbinding. That way anybody could achieve it for a beloved item either by playing the game for a few days or spending some Zen, but it wouldn't be frequent enough to flood the market.
/ agreed.......and they should sell a token for 10 zen in the Z- Store also