Empire Veteran
# 141
08-26-2012, 09:29 AM
The evasive doffs are a bit bugged ATM. 3xpurples get it down to 15. It's fixed on tribble so it should be going live in a patch soon, if it's not already.

Warp core/damage control doffs are good for cutting timeout on eptX and chancing a increase in power on use of eptX. Had some pretty good luck with that and RMC on a test build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphoid7 View Post
It's evasive maneuvers, but with the doffs you can get it to be up almost all the time. I believe there is also a console that lets you do practically the same thing. And as Soph pointed out deuterium will temporarily boost your speed through the roof and is obtainable via missions.

Red Matter Capacitor is a console that adds power to all your systems for a short burst. Think of if like a combo battery that is reusable. In this case an engine battery.

On macro target bind; basically you can make a macro in game that when pressed will automagically place your target's name in team chat. It's super super useful when pugging without voice comms. It's often made to say something like "Please fire on Zyphoid7. PEW PEW!". It allows a pug team to coordinate fire on a single target if they are paying attention. Which isn't all that likely to be honest, but one does try. Voice comms are the end all, be all to a good team.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Captain
# 142
08-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphoid7 View Post
On macro target bind; basically you can make a macro in game that when pressed will automagically place your target's name in team chat. It's super super useful when pugging without voice comms. It's often made to say something like "Please fire on Zyphoid7. PEW PEW!". It allows a pug team to coordinate fire on a single target if they are paying attention. Which isn't all that likely to be honest, but one does try. Voice comms are the end all, be all to a good team.
I know its purpose, but how do I do it? Do I download something or change some setting? Teams always seem to go better when someone is calling out targets and if nobody on the team is doing it, I'd like to be able to.
Empire Veteran
# 143
08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
They are free for the most part.

Vent

TeamSpeak

and there are more.

The challenge, and where the money could come in, is finding a site to host your preferred VOIP on.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Captain
# 144
08-26-2012, 05:01 PM
All the good macro threads where ancient as far as PWE was concerned when they swapped the forums over... if I am feeling like it tonight I may create a new PvP bind thread... if I have the energy.

Quick answer its a bind... which you activate by typing /bind... + some arguments.

Something like

/bind space "+trayexec 0 0"

That would make space bar fire off what ever you have in the first slot of your first bar... I'll post something better up later.
Career Officer
# 145
08-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
god not even sollex or soph gives advice this bad! everyone should literally do the opposite of this
Lmao /10 char.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Career Officer
# 146
08-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Till Husanak gets that thread started, skim through this one (also his thread):

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=255864

it must be a post somewhere with a keybind example. Also, he talks about various techniques, pretty cool stuff, you'll like it.

Edit: there is an example right on the last page for keybind.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...

Last edited by trueprom3theus; 08-26-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Rihannsu
# 147
08-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
god not even sollex or soph gives advice this bad! everyone should literally do the opposite of this
Sigh. Hate to bring the news to you, but: No, not everyone should prefer DHC's over DC's. There are perfectly good reasons to prefer DH's over DHC's in some cases, not all of which are cost related.

Guess what happens next.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 148
08-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Sigh. Hate to bring the news to you, but: No, not everyone should prefer DHC's over DC's. There are perfectly good reasons to prefer DH's over DHC's in some cases, not all of which are cost related.

Guess what happens next.
Well to be honest... no there is NO good reason to run dc ever. That is all.
Rihannsu
# 149
08-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Well to be honest... no there is NO good reason to run dc ever. That is all.
Yes, there are. In PvP, however, most of them are not terribly important.

They are much cheaper on the exchange. They fire more volleys per second, meaning they proc a bit more. They deliver a more or less continous stream of damage as opposed to the DHC's big bursts, which might affect NPC behaviour (you will draw less aggro, initially).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 150
08-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post

Guess what happens next.
then i guess i was wrong, you would give advice that bad. it will never ceases to amaze me how you literally have to argue every established truth. the DHC/DC debate was settles long ago. the only advantage with DC's is DEM and tetryon glider, per weapon strike abilities. their cycle also completes about a half second sooner, so after thousands of shots you might get an additional proc or 2. but the damage you loose out on, even if you can complete a DC's full cycle and use DEM and glider, could never make up for the inferior damage dealing abilities of DCs
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 08-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.