Ensign
If you recognized the thing the title of this thread is referring to, congratulations, you played video games in the 90s.

I'm curious... Is there a way to follow a targeted object/NPC?
I know that Champions lets you do it by default via pressing F, but since that's the interaction key over here, I guess one would have to do a keybind to do something like it?

On further investigation, I've tried /bind y ++follow (whilst typing the word follow it suggests it, suggesting that it is there in the bind commands, just unused maybe?) to have a toggleable follow key, but it doesn't really seem to work, although I swear that my character twitched upon pressing it whilst on the ground, unless that was my internet's lag causing his animation to glitch...

Just asking since I can do it in one game that seems to run off the same engine more or less, so I figured it'd be possible to do it in the other.
Career Officer
# 2
08-09-2012, 06:16 PM
In space you can follow (or perhaps intercept is a better word) a target by right-clicking it, but that 1) only works on enemy targets and 2) disables as soon as you enter combat.
Lieutenant
# 3
08-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorshoth View Post
If you recognized the thing the title of this thread is referring to, congratulations, you played video games in the 90s.

I'm curious... Is there a way to follow a targeted object/NPC?
I know that Champions lets you do it by default via pressing F, but since that's the interaction key over here, I guess one would have to do a keybind to do something like it?

On further investigation, I've tried /bind y ++follow (whilst typing the word follow it suggests it, suggesting that it is there in the bind commands, just unused maybe?) to have a toggleable follow key, but it doesn't really seem to work, although I swear that my character twitched upon pressing it whilst on the ground, unless that was my internet's lag causing his animation to glitch...

Just asking since I can do it in one game that seems to run off the same engine more or less, so I figured it'd be possible to do it in the other.
There is a function for this but only in Ground.
If you go to Options - Key Binds, at least for the RPG controls, there are settings for "Follow target" as well as "Toggle Follow target".
Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, this does not exist in space controls any more, for that, we now have to right-klick on a team mate to bring up the submeny on actual playscreen to follow someone and I don't think it even comes as an option for NPC's.
Quite annoying I must say for when I play my Science toon, I liked having "follow target" on a keybind in space as well as I tend to follow a cruiser and let that be my flying while concentrating on my science abilities and target choosing.

This is a matter for Devs to improve.
I have tried the ground RPG controls for this and they actually work, even on NPC's.
As for space, I adress the Cryptic team and quote Picard "Make it so..."

Last edited by anelk2; 08-14-2012 at 11:51 PM.