Ensign
Not tank/dmg/heal specs but really pure heal as it can be in sto, any thoughts?

Im eng using cruisers ofc...
Career Officer
# 2
08-15-2012, 07:21 AM
My first thought is that you haven't actually looked at the skill tree.

My second thought is that you should do so.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Ensign
# 3
08-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Well, I'm currently using this one, since it's only heal/tank build I was able to find.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...uild=Skritek_0
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
I've never tried one, and I've not done anything end-game, but for pure healing I'd try something like this myself: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...uriushealer1_0

Chances are that you might not need so many healing abilities, and possibly more debuffing types, but I included what I'd run as a first test. Bridge officer abilities would be the main thing I'd change though. The skill build is heavy on evasion, mobility, and tanking type things because a dead healer = no healer, same goes for crowd control type effects.

For Doffs, I'd go with some that lower the cooldown on x-team effects.

For equipment, I'd test run with the Aegis set, not sure on consoles at the moment since I'm at work, but for weapons I'd probably use polarized tetryon beams and transphasic/chroniton mines or torps.

For the aft weapons I'm torn between beams and a torp or turrets and mines (turrets and mines for a more stationary arc, ease of use, and to take down target-able projectiles). Debuffing type weapons are probably the way to go since you won't be too heavy on damage, so slowing/DoTing or eating at shields seems like a good idea. The polarized tetryon beams have a 10% chance to eat at shields compared to 2.5% like normal ones, but the amount might be negligible if you're not broadsiding while healing.

Not sure how viable something like this is, but a if you're in a fleet that needs a dedicated healer it might be the way to go.
Career Officer
# 5
08-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Okay. Why? Is this a role play thing? I'm trying to think of some purpose behind this.

And no you don't ever put 2 copies of each team ability on a ship. One tac and one sci. Or two tacs. That's it.

Get Extend Shields 2 and 3, make the rest of your ship as normal and have a ball. Don't over think this.

Get plenty of Aux Batteries to power your heals and Shield Batteries to boost your extends. If you need them. If you don't you don't.

If this is for a TEAM or Fleet setting there are MUCH better ways of doing this. It's more efficient to have everyone taking up some of the load than placing it all on one ship.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-15-2012, 03:04 PM
That would be pure healing though, and the thought behind the double team skills is the likelyhood that you would have to use them on yourself or on multiple people (redundancy gets around the cooldown issues for the most part).

"Practicality" doesn't really apply to a pure healing build, just like if you had a pure tank or glass cannon dps build. Its true that STO isn't usually played in a "role" fashion like most MMORPGs (such as a paladin class in this case, a true science ship would be more priest like), but it could be possible to perform that way with a group that was built with specific extreme roles in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-16-2012, 11:16 AM
If anything, I'd recommend the Science Odyssey for that role...the worker bees can function as an extra healing, and you got all boff slot room to set it up the way you want.
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.