Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
Sorry about the duplicate post. I posted this earlier this morning on the "Gameplay" forum but wanted to see if it would get more hits in this forum, which focuses on ships (it got about 13 in the last)

The team at PWE is to be commended for putting out a stunning revision of the Sovereign class. If I had to fly one ship on the Fed side, it would be the Sovereign, and this recent reworking of it, which is due to be released Thursday the 16th, will no doubt excite the Fed players.

I understand the supply-demand dynamics at play here: the Fed players are more numerous. Those of us on the KDF side are simply a minority client body. That said, I would make the following suggestion to the devs (I have already Tweeted this to Branflakes and CaptainGeko): A reworking of the Negh'var with a greater emphasis on flexibility in the BOFF positions (i.e., more universal slots). This would allow someone to shift the functionality of the ship more toward tactical or science, rather than being bound by its engineering BOFFs.

Such a reworking would have a number of benefits both to PWE and players. First, it would require less work on PWE's end than a brand-new ship. The skins can stay the same, I am talking about functionality. Second, it would feed the KDF hunger for something new on our side. Third, it would give Spidermitch something new to add to his already-gorgeous charts! (this last point is less important, admittedly).

(Edited Update) Console: A C-store variant would need to have a special console. Perhaps this could be some sort of "spinal lance" type weapon (see Gowran's attack on DS9) or perhaps some sort of high powered boarding party (in the same episode, the Negh'Var took out DS9's shields and beamed over boarding parties!) that would be quite a bit more powerful than the normal boarding party ability, which is easily countered with TT. Both proposals are "canon," if that matters to you.

If you support this proposal, or a similar one, please indicate as much in a reply. If enough people respond, I will personally send some of the devs tweets about the feedback. Thanks.

And let me say that if PWE decides to follow such a suggestion for the Negh'var, I will pay FULL price for it--not with converted dilithium, but with REAL cash.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 2
08-15-2012, 10:59 AM
What if, instead of another spinal cannon like the Dreadnought and Bortasqu alread have, it came with a Mk 12 Disruptor DBB with the [arc] modifier for 180-dgree fire (mounted ventrally to match your sig of course!) ? Combine it with a Tac LtCmdr and and BO3 and you get your BFG, but not another copycat one, plus how many people would buy the thing just to mount that gun on their BO3 BoP? Also what about a Boarding Party console like you mentioned on the other thread, but using transporters (shields be damned) instead of vulnerable shuttles? Besides, whats more Klingon than beaming aboard so you can stab your enemy instead of merely shooting at them?
Captain
# 3
08-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Strangely, I think the KDF already have what was meant to be a counter or equivalent of the Fleet version of the Regent in the Fleet Tor'Kaht Vor'Cha. Same basic BOff rearranging by taking from the Engineering BOff abilities and putting them into Tac BOff abilities, and the Sci Lt. into a Universal. Unfortunately, since there'd be a huge amount complaining about paying 2000 Zen or several million EC for fleet modules and then C-Store console version coming afterward and not being able to get a discount, I think they'd have pulled the Fleet Tor'Kaht when the Fleet system went live on Holodeck, like they did with the Fleet Assault Cruiser, if they were planning to release a C-Store version.
Captain
# 4
08-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I am apparently not the only one thinking along these lines:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=260069

reginamala: I think you may be right about an alternative for the lance. Neither the Guramba lance or the Galaxy-X lance are very popular anyway. Someting else--perhaps your 180 degree DB is an option.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus