Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Banned
# 11
08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It will award Fleet Marks upon completion. The normal one does not.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I see. The wording of the article makes it sound like this is actually a different mission than the normal one, since it didnt call all of the other missions that get bonuses "special missions" but just referred to them normally.
Career Officer
# 12
08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
There's the daily refine limit anyways
while that is true it didnt stop them from doing it in champs online did it
Captain
Did I read that correctly?

It's not perfect. But it's a start.

Yah done good Cryptic. Yah done good.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Banned
# 14
08-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Temporarily, yes. However this is most definitely NOT a step in the right direction. That mission is nothing but exploit bait and always will be until they scale rewards to the length of the missions. In other words, the shorter the mission(like the exploit missions) the smaller the rewards you get. But handing out a uniform amount of rewards regardless of how long the missions take only means most people will do the exploit missions.

Last edited by philo5oraptor; 08-15-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Captain
# 15
08-15-2012, 12:51 PM
It will for Fleet Week anyway. It doesn't sound like it will after this fleet week is over however.
Commander
# 16
08-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Nice!

I wonder how many it gives though.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Captain
# 17
08-15-2012, 12:52 PM
I read 'a mission' accessable via investigate officer reports. Hopefully NOT the total daily-3 reward.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 18
08-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo5oraptor View Post
Temporarily, yes. However this is most definitely NOT a step in the right direction. That mission is nothing but exploit bait and always will be until they scale rewards to the length of the missions. In other words, the shorter the mission(like the exploit missions) the smaller the rewards you get.
Well yes... but you can only get so far with exploit missions. Besides length is not an accurate assessment of quality. *cough*OfBajor*cough*cough*
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Banned
# 19
08-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Well yes... but you can only get so far with exploit missions. Besides length is not an accurate assessment of quality. *cough*OfBajor*cough*cough*
Only get so far? You get the exact same rewards by doing 3 exploit missions as you do if you do 3 hour long missions. And "quality" is subjective; time is not. Therefore time is the only universal measurement to base rewards on. However to prevent that being exploited in any way, it would have to be based on average completion time, not your own personal time.
Commander
# 20
08-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
"Of Bajor" is the most infuriating non-shuttle mission. Followed closely by the one where Q makes you fight the Borg over and over again.

I like the Foundry missions that have a story. Getting the dilithium quick isn't as rewarding as running a fun, story-driven Foundry like "Dereliction Duty" (one of my favorites), even if the story takes an hour or two to complete.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.