Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 31
08-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It will award Fleet Marks upon completion. The normal one does not.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Does this involve the "console-clicking-for-win-missions" as well? I really hope it doesn't.

Because in this case people use the "Quick-missions" instead of playing the jewels. I started to play the Medusa series from Duke-of-Rock yesterday and this is really a jewel in my opinion which deserves this kind of rewards for playing.

Anyway... It's just my opinion
Career Officer
# 32
08-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naharikajal View Post
Does this involve the "console-clicking-for-win-missions" as well? I really hope it doesn't.

Because in this case people use the "Quick-missions" instead of playing the jewels. I started to play the Medusa series from Duke-of-Rock yesterday and this is really a jewel in my opinion.
I don't think there's any easy way to stop people from doing the clickie missions They'll just miss out on some awesome content
Banned
# 33
08-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
I don't think there's any easy way to stop people from doing the clickie missions They'll just miss out on some awesome content
Yes, there is: base mission rewards on the average time it takes to complete the mission. That means the exploit missions would award virtually no reward because they take seconds to complete.
Career Officer
# 34
08-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
It is actually easily solvable had they put some foresight into this. Pick a foundry mission to spotlight every day. One fed and one Klingon. Attach a wrapper to that one mission for a fleet mark reward.

Boom you are spotlighting new content and granting a meaningful reward while bypassing the well known and often abused exploit.
This thread needs more dancing girls.

Master using it and you can have this!

Be black on the right side. Add properly colored Cheron to the game today!
Banned
# 35
08-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
So is this a special Foundry mission, as in one specific mission by one author that you have chosen to attach this reward to? Or is it a new version of the "Play 3 Missions" Foundry wrapper that simply awards Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.

Both are cool by me, just curious.
I dont understand why it is so hard for them to write a PR that is easy to understand.
Career Officer
# 36
08-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo5oraptor View Post
Yes, there is: base mission rewards on the average time it takes to complete the mission. That means the exploit missions would award virtually no reward because they take seconds to complete.
That would probably also damage missions that are dialogue or puzzle based as people would flock to those, memorize the answers, and reduce the average completion time.

Also favors well geared/skilled players who can complete combat faster.

I think the problem is in seeing the clickies as an exploit.

There's nothing wrong with Cryptic giving away a flat amount of resources a day while "suggesting" that people play missions. That's what the current wrapper is.

Beyond that, the solution will no doubt be to take specific missions that are good, copy and freeze them, and give those specific missions specific rewards.
Career Officer
# 37
08-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Hmmm.. this a nice event, but here is another question...

Does this also apply to the Duty office daily?
Since it already gives fleet marks, does it give bonuses now also?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 38
08-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter1969 View Post
Hmmm.. this a nice event, but here is another question...

Does this also apply to the Duty office daily?
Since it already gives fleet marks, does it give bonuses now also?
No; just those listed in the blog.

As for the Foundry daily, it's the same daily mission that is available now, but during Fleet Week, Fleet Marks will be awarded upon completion. For more info, check out the in-game event when it goes live tomorrow at 10am PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 39
08-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
No; just those listed in the blog.

As for the Foundry daily, it's the same daily mission that is available now, but during Fleet Week, Fleet Marks will be awarded upon completion. For more info, check out the in-game event when it goes live tomorrow at 10am PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Is that marks instead of dilithium or in addition to?
Career Officer
# 40
08-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Starting tomorrow, we're hosting a Fleet Week event in-game that will reward bonus Fleet Marks 24 hours a day! Read more for additional information.

Click here to read more.
Too bad pvp isn't considered a fleet event.