Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
# 71
08-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Borticus has been discussing it here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91#post5299291 -- we'd like to do it, but it has to be done the right way.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
And you think a foundry daily that 99% of people exploit is the "right way"?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 72
08-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck5p4rr0w View Post
And you think a foundry daily that 99% of people exploit is the "right way"?
If I remember correctly, Fleet marks attached to the Foundry Daily are only available for the week this event is running... so it's not permanent.

I hardly think that includes it in 'right/wrong way', since it's not a permanent thing. My two cents
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
# 73
08-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
If I remember correctly, Fleet marks attached to the Foundry Daily are only available for the week this event is running... so it's not permanent.

I hardly think that includes it in 'right/wrong way', since it's not a permanent thing. My two cents
My point is, how is that any different than temporarily attaching the fleet marks to the PvP daily during the Fleet event week?

Last edited by j4ck5p4rr0w; 08-16-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 62
# 74
08-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Borticus has been discussing it here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91#post5299291 -- we'd like to do it, but it has to be done the right way.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks Brandon, I'll have a read and post a response over there.
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 62
# 75
08-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck5p4rr0w View Post
My point is, how is that any different than temporarily attaching the fleet marks to the PvP daily during the Foundry event week?
Exactly...
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 76
08-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck5p4rr0w View Post
My point is, how is that any different than temporarily attaching the fleet marks to the PvP daily during the Fleet event week?
And what is that point?

Why is it bothersome? I don't get that... because I hardly think a temporary measure would count as attempts in doing it right, in any way.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 297
# 77
08-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
And what is that point?

Why is it bothersome? I don't get that... because I hardly think a temporary measure would count as attempts in doing it right, in any way.
The point is pvp gets screwed out of inclusion in a bonus reward event again, not because Cryptic wants it done right, but because Cryptic forgot to even think about it. They could have easily attached the rewards to one of the wrapper missions and be done with it, regardless of exploitability, just like they did with the foundry.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 763
# 78
08-16-2012, 09:39 AM
No bonus for the officer of the day daily inside the base? (Or whatever it's called)

It should scale to the same as the Mook (normally 5 marks but during the calendar event goes to 7).
___________________

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 79
08-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
The point is pvp gets screwed out of inclusion in a bonus reward event again, not because Cryptic wants it done right, but because Cryptic forgot to even think about it. They could have easily attached the rewards to one of the wrapper missions and be done with it, regardless of exploitability, just like they did with the foundry.
With concerns about that inclusion being exploited, expressed by Borticus, I highly doubt that And I've been here awhile

Not to mention that if they did it, it'd either be exploited, or it'd be too low to be meaningful... so it's gotta be done right, or not at all.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
# 80
08-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
And what is that point?
MY point is that if Cryptic thinks giving out fleet marks with an obviously exploited mission like the foundry daily is "doing it right", then they have no excuse not to give out fleet marks with the PvP daily too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Not to mention that if they did it, it'd either be exploited, or it'd be too low to be meaningful... so it's gotta be done right, or not at all.
Once again, you just arent comprehending what people are saying. The foundry daily is probably the most exploited mission in the entire game, yet they STILL gave it the bonus fleet marks for the fleet week event.

Last edited by j4ck5p4rr0w; 08-16-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM.