Survivor of Remus
I just wanted to say that I don't know which member or members of the dev team took the lead on the new Hirogen ships ... but he, she, or they deserve a pay raise!

There is a fantastic level of detail in the exteriors of the new Hirogen lock box ships and the Hirogen bridge is AWESOME.

Sure, I wish I could walk around the rest of the Hirogen ship and I wish I had more of my BOffs on the bridge, but the Hirogen bridge is so FREAKING COOL that I'll let those two complaints slide.

Thank you
to whoever is responsible for making these new Hirogen ships.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
01-31-2014, 08:42 AM
Glad you like them. That bridge was fun to work on.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2014, 08:56 AM
I always love to see canon assets brought to the game, (not fond of Fed/KDF/Rom flying them but thats a different subject) and these are really well done and I can not wait to see the bridge tonight. I loooove bridges.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrident12 View Post
I always love to see canon assets brought to the game, (not fond of Fed/KDF/Rom flying them but thats a different subject) and these are really well done and I can not wait to see the bridge tonight. I loooove bridges.
This is a game where every player gets to be the hero in their own story, and their characters all get to be the "exceptions" and fly their non-regulation ships alongside their allied faction's fleet if they want to. Part of the freedom of being able to play the game that you want here also means allowing others to play the game they want too. So if 20 other people want to be "the one" captain that gets to fly a "captured" Borg-augmented Romulan Warbird or "salvaged" Jem'Hadar Attack Ship back to ESD... well, you're going to see a lot of non-Starfleet ships around ESD.

Raptr profile
Captain
# 5
01-31-2014, 10:50 AM
This was in general discussion but maybe a ship dev is more likely to see it here.

What I want to know is why Cryptic took the only Hirogen ship in canon with a canon name (the Venatic Class) and decided to rename it the Apex Class?
Also
According to Ex Astris Scientia's estimates it is about 600 metre long, the Vo'Quv is about 1,500 metres long, that's 900 metres difference.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Remus
# 6
01-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
This was in general discussion but maybe a ship dev is more likely to see it here.

What I want to know is why Cryptic took the only Hirogen ship in canon with a canon name (the Venatic Class) and decided to rename it the Apex Class?
I'm curious about that as well. As much as I love the new cruiser (I'm flying one on my main toon) it's really odd that it looks virtually identical to the Venatic class yet it's called the Apex class here in STO.

I'd be a little happier if it was renamed the Venatic class here as well ... it's also a cool reference to hunters.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Glad you like them. That bridge was fun to work on.
Build the rest of the ship This one is just pure awesome