Commander
i mean, we paid for both the veterancy and the ship, why not let us combine them!
watch my youtube show!
SYNERGY FOUNDRY PLAYTHROUGHS
where i play and record foundry mission along with my co-host Admiral_ghost_000!
have a mission for us to record? send an in-game mail to @imadude3 http://www.youtube.com/user/softgunforever
Career Officer
# 2
01-28-2014, 10:47 AM
They're Faction-specific though, and 90% of the Lockbox ships aren't. Only the Temporal Science Ships/Destroyers are faction specific, and they can already use the Veteran skins.
| Sarah Walker - U.S.S. Solstice | Eden Taryd - I.K.S. Varchas | Ariennye Kyla - R.R.W. T'virixia |
| Jan Idaris - U.S.S. Atlas | Sorval - I.K.S. Reclaw | T'Mara Praex - R.R.W. Ventarix |
| Keval th'Zareth - U.S.S. Avenger | Do'Zahn - I.K.S. K't'rika | Ayel D'amarok - R.R.W. N'ventar |
Commander
# 3
01-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
They're Faction-specific though, and 90% of the Lockbox ships aren't. Only the Temporal Science Ships/Destroyers are faction specific, and they can already use the Veteran skins.
a shame, i would love for my jemmy dread to be silver with blue engines on my fed
watch my youtube show!
SYNERGY FOUNDRY PLAYTHROUGHS
where i play and record foundry mission along with my co-host Admiral_ghost_000!
have a mission for us to record? send an in-game mail to @imadude3 http://www.youtube.com/user/softgunforever
Career Officer
# 4
01-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Yeah, i assume skins aren't a procedural thing, instead having to be custom fit to each model.

You're asking for an awful lot of dev time with this.
Republic Veteran
# 5
01-28-2014, 11:09 AM
like all the hull mats, they likely have to create said specific material for each part of each skip. which in the case of non-customizable lockbox ships, means the whole thing in one go.

im sure jamjamz can explain in depth why lockbox ships dont have access to this skin.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2014, 04:22 PM
Like he said, its not as simple as copy pasting 1 material and plant it onto the next and best ship. That would show off completely crappy.

It is doable with a solid color skin, in which case there is no worry about how the texture looks on different parts of a ship, take vectors etc into account, but thats quite boring now is it ^^

I bet they can make some textures with shiny effects which can be fit on each and every ship, that is not TOO hard to do. Look at the Reman/romulan shield, when it was released it fitted on about every ship, thats because they simply tell how the texture is applied, nacelle side its simply another color, the lines, etc is different. But all the same on all ships.

I think they use the same for Maco effects and KHG, both of these have no real pattern they are just a continuous pattern (including shiny effects etc) applied to specific parts of ships, but not the whole ship.

They could make some more materials like that and sell them tho, that would be cool.