Commander
# 11
08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Hand weapons in this game are like those overdone Honda Civics that kids pick up in high school after they get their first job; they don't really have a grasp of style, so they just start sticking all kinds of things all over them, because new = improved, right?

Take the phaser rifle. The first one is boring, the second one looks more sturdy, the third one looks complete...and after that, it just gets sillier with every tier.
Ensign
# 12
08-20-2012, 11:48 PM
I agree, the upper level weapons lock awfull!

As a Fed, I use Tos Mk II Phaser, with is best looking but too big (scaling would be nice)

My Klingy compromised on the Tos Disruptor, a silver shiny mediocre weapon, but at least no spikes like the Mk XI ( I hate this weapon!)

I Hope something will be done about that
Captain
# 13
08-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassir View Post
I agree, the upper level weapons lock awfull!

As a Fed, I use Tos Mk II Phaser, with is best looking but too big (scaling would be nice)

My Klingy compromised on the Tos Disruptor, a silver shiny mediocre weapon, but at least no spikes like the Mk XI ( I hate this weapon!)

I Hope something will be done about that
The Tos Disruptor is actually kind of pretty... It's a shame the same can't be said for the rest of the disruptors...
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 14
08-21-2012, 02:21 AM
The TOS Disruptor is too shiny and clean (looks beta-like), otherwise ok, but it should be rusty and dirty, think about it, its old.

Disruptors simply cease to be goodlooking at mk IX, romulan Disrupter looks good, but has the size of a car battery!

I would settle with a tailor choice to modify size and looks of a weapon....MkXI looks like MkII and then scaled down.
Commander
# 15
08-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
I would settle with a tailor choice to modify size and looks of a weapon....
If you're reading this, Cryptic, this would be the best thing since canned bread.
Career Officer
# 16
08-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
The TOS Disruptor is too shiny and clean (looks beta-like), otherwise ok, but it should be rusty and dirty, think about it, its old.
Not really.
It's a reward for a time travel mission so it would most likely be a "souvenir" you got from your trip to the 23rd century.
Kinda like if you went back in time and came home with a band new Gladius.
It would be shiny since it would still be new even though it was made centuries ago.
Ensign
# 17
08-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Not really.
It's a reward for a time travel mission so it would most likely be a "souvenir" you got from your trip to the 23rd century.
You got me there ;D
Career Officer
# 18
08-21-2012, 08:59 AM
The weapons that can be viewed on the new Fleet Starbases look great, but not sure if they will ever be 'usable' or will remain display only items

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
# 19
08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
The weapons that can be viewed on the new Fleet Starbases look great, but not sure if they will ever be 'usable' or will remain display only items
Well, if you join a fleet and get enough fleet credits, you could buy one of those weapons and see for yourself.

Has anyone acutally done that? If so, could you provide screenshots of what the usable fleet weapons actually look like in-game?

Last edited by nikoagonistes; 08-25-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Captain
# 20
08-25-2012, 01:59 PM
I wish the get rid of all the holographic stuff hanging off the top tier weapons. It doesn't look cool, it looks tacky. Be more original and make the weapon itself look different and not add a bunch of non-sense on the exterior.