Ensign
I loved the gameplay in the beginging, the attack on the Vega Colony. But its a shame that it isnt replayable and that it is public. It would be great if they added Vega Colony as a replayable mission and that it was a private mission, you didnt have to play with other players at the same time. Also, it would be cool if they replaced the FED officers at the blockade in the ground/ first kit area with M.A.C.O Soldiers instead, like in the end of the F2P Opening trailer. I cant be the only one?
Career Officer
# 2
08-16-2012, 08:29 AM
I agree with you. The real shame was how STF revamps were handled. KA-G takes place at Vega Underground and you actually returned to Vega Colony before you went underground. The huge turrets blasting Borg in the tutorial? Those were 'left' by players at endgame. KA-S takes place in space above it. Remember all those disabled probes you blast in the tutorial? Those were once again 'left' by people playing KA-S at endgame. It was all wrapped up in a nice lil package.
REDALERT - Your channel for info on all EVENT CONTENT

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it's a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe" -Carl Sagan

Last edited by rickeyredshirt; 08-16-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Yeah, it use to be one of my favorite parts of the old STF. Where you found your way in the past and made the game go full circle in explaining why they were so easily defeated in the tutorial.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-16-2012, 08:31 AM
But the Khitomer boss fight was so so so boring. Sit around for 20 minutes and blast groups of Probes that warp in? Yeah, no thanks, I'm so glad they axed that part.
Career Officer
# 5
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthymcthief View Post
But the Khitomer boss fight was so so so boring. Sit around for 20 minutes and blast groups of Probes that warp in? Yeah, no thanks, I'm so glad they axed that part.
I agree with this as well. I had quite a few 3+ hour runs on KA before the split. It's too bad a better balance between story and playability wasn't found.
REDALERT - Your channel for info on all EVENT CONTENT

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it's a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe" -Carl Sagan
Captain
# 6
08-16-2012, 12:09 PM
wait the STFs had a story?

i wounder if the devs could add the old STFs back in as single player missions and when a player beats those they are then able to do that STF space and ground
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Well maybe this old STF can be a good idea to play it with your boffs. If it lasts 3h it's your problem.
Republic Veteran
# 8
08-16-2012, 12:31 PM
I also think it'd be neat if we could just beam down to the colony itself, and have it be like a social zone of some sort.
Same thing with that decrepit Romulan mining town, I forget what it's called.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Career Officer
# 9
08-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Maybe once the Federation sectors northwest of Sol are mapped out, Vega Colony can appear permanently. As it stands you can't fly right up to it as we can with most mission planets.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Lieutenant
# 10
08-17-2012, 02:55 AM
I admit I do enjoy the Vega colony mission. I really loved beta when you first got to play it, roaming around a planet with a few Borg scattered about, sniper rifle in hand, really brought back memories of Elite Forces (which is why I love ground combat)

redshirtarmy.com - RedShirtArmy Podcast
STO / Cryptic member since 2009 (mavgeek)