Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
09-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Or don't care to because it's so horrible.

Space is where it's at.
To be honest i prefer ground to space, because there not exist P2W.

Dont get me wrong here, i have an engi and i like to tank and heal in my scy oddy and enjoy it, but i love the ground aspect because any class can kill any class, not like in space and you dont need to pay to have the best items for pvp unlike space. Its all about skill and teamplay, i find ground pvp fast, dynamic and fun.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Republic Veteran
# 22
09-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Roll an Andorian and pick the Cold Damage Resist Trait [Cold Dwelling] for innate 30 cold resistance.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 09-06-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Commander
# 23
09-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Here's another option I hadn't considered before:

Disconnect the cryo gun's synergies by making certain abilities only affect energy damage and energy damage resistance. For instance:

Make Tricorder Scan, Nanoprobe Infestation, and Fire on my Mark debuff energy damage resistance rather than all damage resistance.

Make Strike Team, Target Optics, Battle Strategies, and Ambush buff all energy damage instead of all damage.

In this way, all gear could be left exactly as it is. The cryo gun would remain powerful for its insane base damage, unique proc, and synergy with Cryo Grenades, thus occupying its own interesting niche. However, regular pulsewaves would return to having a use in the form of huge buffed damage in the hands of a tactical officer, and the damage-trumps-tanking imbalance that the cryo gun created would be solved.

*Note that this would have a side-effect in the form of severely reducing the effectiveness of lunge (physical), grenades (kinetic), and the Physicist (fire, radiation) kit. A work-around for those powers might be necessary.

Last edited by guriphu; 09-26-2012 at 09:51 AM.