Ensign
# 71
08-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
Can someone please confirm...I have to be on the ground for an hour before I can get my Fleet Mark?
Seems that way...I got my Tribble last night...and hardly been on the ground. Still sitting at 53 mins to go. Only got 1 mark so far!
Commander
# 72
08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumatron View Post
Seems that way...I got my Tribble last night...and hardly been on the ground. Still sitting at 53 mins to go. Only got 1 mark so far!
That's horrible. I'm doing good to be playing a few hours a day anyway. Now I've gotta be on the ground to tick down my timer?

pwebranflakes: Why does the timer only count down on ground and not for gameplay, or better yet real time?
Ensign
# 73
08-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Updated the OP -- I want to make sure everyone sees this from the blog:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This is a stupid policy. Claim only once!?! All other tribbles that were play test awards are legacy unlocks. Why doesn't PW just kick sand in our face too? I tested your broken system with the knowledge that at least the awards, while tiny, we're always convenient previously, now PW is giving us crap to fill our inventory (which they will GLADLY sell us more slots) that if we get rid of we have to purchase it if we want to claim it again.
PW has the ability to make these proper play test awards... Do it. Stop jerking us around with this obvious reach for our wallet "rewards".
Starfleet Veteran
# 74
08-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
That's horrible. I'm doing good to be playing a few hours a day anyway. Now I've gotta be on the ground to tick down my timer?

pwebranflakes: Why does the timer only count down on ground and not for gameplay, or better yet real time?
Friends in High Places only ticks down in space (when you have the ship as your current one). Seems they don't know how to do proper cooldowns.

So now I have to decide, AFK in space for my Friends in High Places or AFK on ground for my Tribble...
Lt. Commander
# 75
08-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Friends in High Places only ticks down in space (when you have the ship as your current one). Seems they don't know how to do proper cooldowns.

So now I have to decide, AFK in space for my Friends in High Places or AFK on ground for my Tribble...

I'm not sure why Friends in High Places even has a cooldown considering the way the system works. It's not like you can get multiple copies of the same DOFF mission running at the same time. And if they absolutely have to give it a cooldown, make it something short, like 2-5 minutes long.
Career Officer
# 76
08-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Updated the OP -- I want to make sure everyone sees this from the blog:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
What is wrong with you guys?

First you ask us to test seasons on tribble.

Then you ignore the really big bugs reported (a repeating pattern in seasons btw), and release junk to live.

Then you give us rewards we can only use on one char, and never dismiss...

This is a lousy method of buissness... Not only do you deny us the normal way of rewarding us, you also try (and dont for one second tell me this isn't your intention) to force us to eventually buy more inventory, and bank slots, as well as duty officer slots.

Be careful when you guys roll around all that money... I know some of the coins can very well have been lying in a urinal.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports

Last edited by anazonda; 08-17-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 77
08-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin0bass View Post
I'm not sure why Friends in High Places even has a cooldown considering the way the system works. It's not like you can get multiple copies of the same DOFF mission running at the same time. And if they absolutely have to give it a cooldown, make it something short, like 2-5 minutes long.
I could see the reason for cooldown if other people could contact your Privateer and get the mission too, but they can't. And the mission lasts 10 times longer (20 hours for the DOFF Mission, 2 for the cooldown). The only thing I can figure is that Cryptic/PWE just really likes cooldowns for some reasons.
Career Officer
# 78
08-18-2012, 02:00 AM
I got my reply... It doesn't make a whole of sense to me.
Survivor of Romulus
# 79
08-18-2012, 03:31 AM
whats the point in making it pick up once. unlike every other item i dont see the point in changing it?

where is the logic behind this apart from ticking off the player base i cant see a reason in this.

maybe there is a exploite where u can sell tribble for 1ec and they dont want us to grind for years to make a few ec.
Lieutenant
# 80
08-18-2012, 04:08 AM
As far as I know one can claim the awards per character. So, if you have 3 characters, you can claim the items on all your characters, just go to in-game C-store 3 times in this case.

I'm not sure if the rewards are getting available for new created characters.
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!